Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbie still in ‘dream mode’

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bec.s
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

Hi,
    Im a 31 year old mother of one gorgeous 6th month old boy, and wife to an amazing husband. The last 18 months have been a real whirl wind for us including – wedding, honeymoon, pregnancy, moving countries, having a baby… and I am just feeling like I can start dreaming of that fantastic new business. I have a lifetime of small business knowledge as my mum has been a fantastic inspiration and mentor. In my previous life (pre baby) I spent 4 years managing the family business which imported giftware and loved the ‘busy-ness’ of running a small business. I was involved in everything from buying product overseas to selling product locally/unloading containers/ managing staff and all the little bits in between. I am interested in bringing in a line of Jewellery from India and selling product wholesale into shops, we have some great contacts to really good quality product. The plan hinges around bubs and would be great to start something I can predominantly do from home… however I would love to tweek the plan, and have the business online (as I think this is where most business is heading). There are some challenges ahead with most of the products being unique, and I have heaps to learn about an ‘effective’ online business!! I have a university background in business management and computer science, so I need to ‘awaken’ that part of the brain again!! I am really excited about starting something and getting running really well! This looks like a fantastic site, heaps of resources… so look forward to picking everyone’s brains as the plan unfolds!! I would love to talk to an accountant first so with being new to Oz if anyone has any reccommendations for someone in the inner west that would be great!

universal-tk
    • Total posts: 27
    Up

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to find great information and people who are so happy to help you. In which state are you looking for an accountant.

Regards
    Craig

bec.s
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    universal, post: 58535 wrote:
    Hi,

Welcome to the forum. It is a great place to find great information and people who are so happy to help you. In which state are you looking for an accountant.

Regards
    Craig

Hi Craig,

I am looking for an accountant in NSW – Sydney.

Thanks Rebecca

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Rebecca,

Welcome to the gang. Your passion really comes through in your post, and I’m looking forward to getting to know you and hearing all about your new venture.

Good luck!
    Jayne

beanonlinelately
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Rebecca

Welcome aboard, your right in it being a great site, plenty of budding entrepreneurs looking for support and networks to work with. Congrats also on all the changes, the wedding, the birth and the move.

In relation to going online it sounds like a good way to go particularly in the jewellery sector. By adopting this as part of your strategy you can be pretty flexible with your approach, and it also allows you to keep your overheads down and compete on price with your competitors and/or increase your margins which either way is a win win.

If there is anything I can help you with then just hollar.

Cheers, Rod.
    http://www.beanonlinelately.com.au

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.