Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newbie – working out where to start!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    giveitago
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi,

Just introducing myself. I’m a definite beginner with an idea and not much else! I’m trying to work out what steps to go through and am currently trying to identify the market, competitors and costs involved in realising my idea which involves importing and selling a kids educational product, possibly on a subscription basis.

If anyone has any pointers on what I should do, let me know! I’ve downloaded a sample business plan and am trying to work through that but not sure whether to put together some samples and see if there is a market or try to work the whole supply & distribution chain out first.

Will be reading lots in here I suspect!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi giveitago,

Welcome to the forum.
    I would suggest looking into your local business enterprise centre (if it exists in your state)
    In NSW, they offer 2 free 1.5hr sessions with a business consultant to help you with any business related questions.

Steve

Healthy Personal Finances
    • Total posts: 194
    Up

Welcome !
    I know our council in Melbourne also offers some free mentoring sessions – and great workshops as well for start ups at reasonable prices.
    Also, maybe do a market research survey to identify what potential customers will think of your product/pricing/etc. You could try survey monkey to create a survey.
    You can post the survey on here and email to all your friends/family to get some decent feedback.
    I think befor eany business launches, you need to understand your break even point. In order to do that you will need to know how much it would cost to import the product, taxes, distribution, etc…..and work out a selling price so that you are actually making a profit. Then you can work out if customers would be willing to pay that price.
    Hope that helps and good luck.
    Stacey

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.