Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Newby from the Central Coast

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Mark@Unique
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark and I own a Security Company which is located on the Central Coast in New South Wales.

Although we would not be classed as either a solo or micro business, we are a family owned business with 3 years business experience. My wife and my daughter (we have 5 kids) run the business.

My reason for joining was because over the past 12 months I have been regularly dropping in and reading the posts and recognise that we have also experienced the same problems and the feedback given by other members has been invaluable to me and my business.

Therefore I thought it only proper to finally become a part of this great forum and hopefully provide some helpful information as well.

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Welcome Mark,

Great to see you have gone past the lurker stage and joined the fun. I am sure you can give some great advice to people here.

Kevin

FletcherTax
    • Total posts: 347
    Up

Mark

Looking forward to your posts.

Best wishes,

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mark
    Welcome to the gang :)

It’s so good to read that you’ve found useful information here! I notice that you’ve already posted a helpful replies on other posts, so thanks for your contribution to date!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend,
    Jayne

Mark@Unique
    Up

Hey thanks for the welcome.

I hope no one mistook my comment of 3 years in business…what I meant was that I only have 3 years in business and therefore stumble on a regular basis, hence this site is a great resource for learning for me.

wordmistress
    • Total posts: 504
    Up
    Mark@Unique, post: 26705 wrote:
    I hope no one mistook my comment of 3 years in business…what I meant was that I only have 3 years in business and therefore stumble on a regular basis, hence this site is a great resource for learning for me.

Hi Mark and welcome. I don’t believe there’s any embarrassment or discomfort in being in business for only a short time. We all bring life experience to our roles, and every business takes time to become established. I think three years is a pretty good length of time to get a handle on your industry and to establish a decent client base.

With five kids, you must certainly be a man to be relied upon for commitment to the greater good!! :)

Hope you enjoy participating here.

Mark@Unique
    Up

Thanks Gina,

Each year that goes by I check off a milestone…I’ve beaten another statistic and I’m still in business!! :-)

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Nice one,

My problem is each year I have not met my milestones…

Kev

Tarnia
    • Total posts: 6
    Up
    Mark@Unique, post: 26311 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

My name is Mark and I own a Security Company which is located on the Central Coast in New South Wales.

Although we would not be classed as either a solo or micro business, we are a family owned business with 3 years business experience. My wife and my daughter (we have 5 kids) run the business.

My reason for joining was because over the past 12 months I have been regularly dropping in and reading the posts and recognise that we have also experienced the same problems and the feedback given by other members has been invaluable to me and my business.

Therefore I thought it only proper to finally become a part of this great forum and hopefully provide some helpful information as well.

nice to see you on here

kenmac
    • Total posts: 26
    Up

Hi Mark and family – welcome to the forum and I look forward to you participating here.

PrimerGroup
    • Total posts: 20
    Up

Welcome, there are a lot of people from nsw here, I joined new as well, I was glad to hear this

Karen Wardle
    • Total posts: 363
    Up

Hi Mark

Welcome, it’s nice to see a fellow ‘Coastie’ here :)

Mark@Unique
    Up

Thanks again for everybody’s warm welcome.

Since being in business I’ve realised I’m not the only one doing it tough, we all experience the same issues and hurdles.

The advantage with a forum like this is we may be able to avoid some of those issues and hurdles…or at least plan for them.

P.S. Hi Tarnia…there’s no escaping you is there :-).

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.