Home Forums Marketing mastery Newsletter Advice: Mailchimp or Wix?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Cindy ODea
    • Total posts: 8

Hi everyone,
    I’m just after some advice from people that have experience with Wix Shoutouts versus Mailchimp newsletters? I’m keen to do a monthly newsletter related to my HR business and looking for the easiest format to set up a template and use each month. I’ve played with both briefly and found the Wix one to be a bit easier. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Cindy

paul_webupwd
    • Total posts: 4

A lot hinges on what you want your email marketing tool to actually do for you!

Mailchimp is more-or-less the de-facto for small business. It’s relatively simple to use, you can get some useful stats from it, it’s FREE if you have a modest list size/usage. ( up to 2000 subscribers & 12000 emails a month if memory serves)

It will also still be there for you should ever wish to migrate away from Wix at some future date, onto a different web platform, as your business needs evolve. Have no doubt that Wix have their own service as a means by which to lock you in, making that move away even more painful.

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,175
    Cindy ODea, post: 242623, member: 77806 wrote:
    Hi everyone,
    I’m just after some advice from people that have experience with Wix Shoutouts versus Mailchimp newsletters? I’m keen to do a monthly newsletter related to my HR business and looking for the easiest format to set up a template and use each month. I’ve played with both briefly and found the Wix one to be a bit easier. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,
    Cindy
    Hi Cindy,

For a tiny list of <100, Drip is a good free option.

Most people want to start to divide their lists into segments for marketing purposes eg, send 1 email for a customer, send a sequence of five emails to a non-customer who has signed up to your newsletter – so that they will become a customer.

Mail Chimp can do this too but it is only the paid version.

Mischelle
    • Total posts: 805
    paul_webupwd, post: 242625, member: 88748 wrote:
    It will also still be there for you should ever wish to migrate away from Wix at some future date, onto a different web platform, as your business needs evolve. Have no doubt that Wix have their own service as a means by which to lock you in, making that move away even more painful.

Hi Cindy,

I 100% agree with Paul on this, never lock all your business strategies into one platform, because as your business grows you will want to move off Wix onto a more robust professional platform.

If you go with Mailchimp it will grow with you and allow you to upgrade later when things take off and if you move your website it will move with you without having to start from scratch.

Cheers
    Mischelle :)

Kelly Exeter FS Editor
    • Total posts: 241

Mailchimp all the way. It’s a proven, easy-to-use, yet highly robust email solution. I’ve used pretty much every email solution on the market and Mailchimp is the one I recommend to all my clients … and it’s the one I use for pretty much everything myself

Cindy ODea
    • Total posts: 8

Thanks everyone. I was a bit overwhelmed when I first got onto Mailchimp but watched a tutorial and think I have it worked out now. All I need now is subscribers!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.