Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Newsletter Values

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up
    ::

Hi All,

I just wondered if anyone else was perplexed with people offering free membership to their newsletter valued at $1,000, or $3,000 or $300. Whatever the value may be, surely it is purely perceived by the business owner.
    I would have thought that unless there were tangible ways to quantify this value, it is just smoke and mirrors.
    Isn’t it kind of like me saying I am going to give away a 1 page website worth $1million dollars?

Firstly, being a sceptic, I must admit I have not signed up to any of these newsletters to see if there is actually $1,000 worth of reading, but really, I just can’t see how they get the value figure?

FarahW
    • Total posts: 20
    Up
    ::

Hi Agent –

You’re right in that often the number is a number perceived by them (and could be a bit inflated sometimes). But the actual dollars and cents value they tag to it could be real in regards to the information they put in it, and if they compare it to similar publications.

They can also put a value on it if there is a certain prominent writer that usually only does paid presentations (books, magazines, etc) or if there are vouchers and coupons within that are of certain value. They could also have a series of informative articles which they can liken to a course of a certain value, and hence tag a similar value to their publication.

Some people who really push the envelope will say a subscription is worth $10X even if each issue is only worth $10 because they calculate in the way that you can easily receive X issues in your lifetime.

I guess it’s up to the consumer to agree/disagree with their perception of the value of their newsletter! :)

Farah

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.