Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Newsletters Yes or No

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up
    ::

Hello FS

I am curious to read about your love or hate of newsletters?

Personally I send out a monthly newsletter with exclusive information that I don’t publish anywhere else (VIP content) and I have also just added some contributors to my newsletter to help my subscribers further.

What do you have for your subscribers?

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

As the reciever of newsletters from various sources, I find that after 1 or 2 they become repetitive, and as such the impact is lost very quickly.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

As long as your database are very eager to read your next newsletter they are fine. Once it becomes something you are forcing down peoples in boxes it is basically SPAM. In general posting to social media is a less evasive opt-in situation and it doesn’t clog up peoples primary email system.

Zava Design
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,463
    Up

But do remember that on Facebook at least, unless you’re willing to pay to “boost” (promote) a post, only around 10-15% of your group members will see each post in their feed. Something to factor in when balancing up pros and cons of different channels.

Email newsletters can still be a VERY effective means of reaching opt in users. There are numerous “bloggers” that make a healthy income solely from their newsletter offers/sales, their site carries no advertising or affiliate links. But you need to offer something of value.

Ryinth
    • Total posts: 75
    Up

Newsletters can be invaluable – so long as you’re always sending relevant content or deals, and don’t send too often as to become spam. :)

They’re an excellent way to directly connect with your clients, so use them to your advantage (and take advantage of sign-up offers :) ).

ckgdesign
    Participant
    • Total posts: 48
    Up

I feel like I need to do this more often. I think if you can send out a newsletter maybe every month or so, that’s probably a good thing.

If it’s weekly, I doubt people will bothered to read it and would be more likely to unsubscribe.

Make your first one feel relaxed and not too pushy, in my opinion. Or, if you’re having a big sale which you don’t usually have, go the exact opposite way.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I think it depends wholeheartedly on the quality of your newsletter content.

gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up

Personally, I’d rather not receive newsletters from anyone.

Too many times I’ve been to networking events and handed out business cards only to find newsletters and other offers in my inbox that I did not ask for. When I ask them to stop, noting that I didn’t submit to receiving their news, it can be a frosty and hostile reception from the sender.

I do however know they are seen as a valuable marketing tool, and if I had something relevant and interesting to say I might consider using one myself.

Ryinth
    Up
    gareths, post: 210061 wrote:

Too many times I’ve been to networking events and handed out business cards only to find newsletters and other offers in my inbox that I did not ask for. When I ask them to stop, noting that I didn’t submit to receiving their news, it can be a frosty and hostile reception from the sender.

Well, that’s bad business practice. :/ The tool shouldn’t be blamed for the way it’s used.

gareths
    • Total posts: 31
    Up
    Ryinth, post: 210065 wrote:
    Well, that’s bad business practice. :/ The tool shouldn’t be blamed for the way it’s used.

I’m not sure what you mean. Am I not within my rights to request people don’t use my business details to push their own agendas?

Ryinth
    Up
    gareths, post: 210066 wrote:
    I’m not sure what you mean. Am I not within my rights to request people don’t use my business details to push their own agendas?
    People sending you newsletters you didn’t ask for is a bad business practice. It’s actually against most mailing list company’s policies (enough reports can get your account banned).

But the tool itself (newsletters) aren’t a bad thing – they aren’t universally bad because some people use them poorly.

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    gareths, post: 210061 wrote:

I do however know they are seen as a valuable marketing tool, and if I had something relevant and interesting to say I might consider using one myself.

Hey Gareth, I agree getting people to stop is the hardest part.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.