Home – New Forums Tech talk NFP donations and CRM integration

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Kindleman
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Folks.

I have a charity client who’s looking for a cost effective system to take donations and manage and communicate with people – volunteers, donors, staff, etc.

I don’t have much CRM experience, so don’t entirely know what I should be looking for, but my first look at the problem presents something like this:

– WordPress website
    – Gravity forms for donation form with Stripe add-on for subscription and 1-off payments.
    – Gravity to Zapier add-on to integrate with Insightly for CRM functions.
    – MailChimp’s Insightly integration for communications.

We do the work pro-bono, so prefer to not spend all my Sunday’s making it – but want to get it right.

Any advice – anyone done similar?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::
    Kindleman, post: 206437 wrote:
    Folks.

I have a charity client who’s looking for a cost effective system to take donations and manage and communicate with people – volunteers, donors, staff, etc.

I don’t have much CRM experience, so don’t entirely know what I should be looking for, but my first look at the problem presents something like this:

– WordPress website
    – Gravity forms for donation form with Stripe add-on for subscription and 1-off payments.
    – Gravity to Zapier add-on to integrate with Insightly for CRM functions.
    – MailChimp’s Insightly integration for communications.

We do the work pro-bono, so prefer to not spend all my Sunday’s making it – but want to get it right.

Any advice – anyone done similar?

I don’t know Gravity, so can’t comment on that. I have setup a website for a non-profit, but using my own tools and not WordPress. I have reasons for that, but we won’t get into that debate here.

What we did was to use Paypal, and it worked very effectively in conjunction with a promotion. Any payments system you use will have fees associated with it. Paypal is reasonable without being cheap, but more importantly it is well recognised and more likely to be trusted by donors than something that is unknown. That is important for a non-profit where trust is everything. Some of the donations were recurring, and after a suitable period of time, the non-profit contacted the donors and asked if they could deposit the money direct into their account so that the non-profit didn’t have to pay transaction fees. They all agreed.

I have passing familiarity with Mailchimp. Haven’t used it myself, but have suggested it to a few non-profits and those that have used it are happy with it.

Darryl

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.