Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Nice touch

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    waynemc
    • Total posts: 2
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone, I’m new here so I may take a few posts to get used to the audience and style of interaction. I’m a CPA based in Australia but have worked in North America during the GFC!
    Anyway thought I would share a Blindingly (is that a word?) Obvious moment….recently when my wife collected her car from the Smash Repairer it had not only had the problem fixed but the car had been washed and interior vacuumed….she said to me that it was a Nice Touch!…she then repeated the story to all of her friends. It was a very simple an inexpensive sales touch that was employed by this business….it made me and my wife happy to the point she is talking about it and I am blogging about it! We are regular customers of the car smash repair industry!….this business will continue to receive our business.
    It’s only a small thing (touch) but a fantastic repeat business strategy.
    waynemc

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up

Referrals are the best and cheapest form of advertising and gaining business, and they come about by providing quality service and going that little bit extra. great story.

PS. it was a concern to hear you are a regular user of the industry, what car do you drive we will make sure we stay well clear. LOL

waynemc
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Ford Escape RED Sports Pack…NSW Plates…any more details would not be wise for payer of rego and insurance!!

Mirella Vertigo
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hi Wayne,

Welcome! I hope you’re finding the site helpful.

The most important question every business must ask itself is “how can I add value?”

There are a bajillion businesses in every industry offering the same product or service as everyone else, but what will always set you apart is an interior wash and vacuum.

Thanks for sharing your story. :)

Mirella

Hobidi Bob
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Hi Waynemc,

I agree, we have had 9 car accidents 4 years (2 of which our fault and some really bad luck lol). The first 2 went through 1 smash repairer who didnt fix the job properly and then tried giving me a $5000 bill when we complained. After that we tried another smash repairer who did the same thing as described. It was refreshing and felt like “a new start” for our cars. Needless to say we have been through them every other time and who would have thought that industry has repeat customers hahahahahaha.

We decided to put that extra touch into our cleaning business which we now nolonger have. We did cleaning and vacate cleaning for 3 real estates. We decided we would offer the whole office lunch. they had the choice of Pizza or Subway due to their locations.

For the next month everytime we walked in they were so excited to see us, rather than the nomal greeting of “oh your the cleaner, i will get your keys for the property”. Something else that was unexpected was up until then our work came from property management, but because we had shouted the whole office lunch we were getting referals from the sales side too. Oh and we dound real estate agents talk. Within 6 months we had jumped from 3 real estates to 9. We hope it wasnt just the food that got them talking lol.

I dont want to share this just to brag but to get others thinking about what they can do. Just for approx $300 worth of food for 3 clients, the jobs increased, the environment increased and our business relationship improved out of site. We did little easter eggs in a basket at easter time. $50 got us enough eggs for 11 real estate agencies and the 11 baskets for them to go in.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.