Home – New Forums Marketing mastery No Clients

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Astrid
    • Total posts: 459
    Up
    ::

Hi Shaun

I understood that the $3500 are for website + copywriting + logo design. In total that’s not expensive at all, if done by professionals.

Cheers
    Astrid

Promotional King
    • Total posts: 7
    Up

Hi John
    I wish you well with your business and if you are not short of a $$$$ pay $3500 but you will not get anything better than if you pay $2500 to $3000
    Cheers

DWP
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi im matthew from dreamwoex photography would love to work with you in melbourne if you are in melbourne for events fundraising were doing weddings portraits corprate events how much do you charge. Try also fan page facebook.

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up

$3500 for a website – no they are screwing you over move onto the next web designer.

as for the events industry

you will need:

Website
    Exposure via the industry magazines such as Mice.net magazine, spice news and CIM Magazine

Associations
    MEA
    ISIS

you will also notice there are trade shows

RSVP Events expo Sydney and one in Melbourne
    Australian Business events expo
    AIME
    theres a new on in WA

you are going to have to look at your competitors, there are 2 companies which are in control and to get work from them your gonna have to dig deep and fight.

to be absolutely honest $30k is not much in terms of what you have, please understand you are competiting against companies that
    1; Know the industry
    2: know what they are doing
    3: have fantastic relationships with the media
    4: are the first company called when the expo’s need anything
    5: and have spent over 500K on their products.
    6: and have a proven track record
    7: People don’t always buy on price, and customer service in one part of your offering- but in order to serve- you need to know what the industry wants

before investing any money you gotta understand what business your getting into, understand the needs of your clients

IgniteDM
    • Total posts: 99
    Up

Depending on the size and functionality of the website, and also considering thats copy writing and logo included – I dont consider that $3500 is a rip off at all.

For a 5 page website that ISNT seo friendly then yeah sure thats over the top. But if you are talking 10-20 pages, contact forms, unique design, possibly quote forms, event booking functionality I think thats a fair price.

Some time back for one of our first businesses (pre-web design days), we paid nearly $800 for custom logo design with business card/notebook/letterhead designs as well.

Would love to know more about what your website quote included!

Techalite
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

I’m not sure why everyone is saying $3500 for a website is a rip off, especially including copywriting and logo design. It depends on the required functionality and quality of work of course, but as IgniteDM said assuming this is a reputable designer/developer who knows what she/he/they are doing, $3500 is decent. I’ve never had a quote go up this high for my own services, but I have a lower hourly rate than most and have never offered logo design and copywriting as an included service either :/.

Bridal Discount Book Aust
    • Total posts: 88
    Up

I agree Techalite! I approached atleast 20 different web site designers/creators etc.
    Majority for what I needed quoted $20,000 to one I recall being as much as $30,000.00.

I didn’t have it designed for much less than $18,000 ( mind you there is a lot in the back end) that many admitted they couldn’t do but I would have been wrapped to come back with a quote of $3,500!!

The Infotainer
    • Total posts: 612
    Up
    Bridal Discount Book Aust, post: 72150 wrote:
    I agree Techalite! I approached atleast 20 different web site designers/creators etc.
    Majority for what I needed quoted $20,000 to one I recall being as much as $30,000.00.

I didn’t have it designed for much less than $18,000 ( mind you there is a lot in the back end) that many admitted they couldn’t do but I would have been wrapped to come back with a quote of $3,500!!

your website is very different from the one that would be designed for the original poster, he is not after a directory membership site.

there is alot of crap on the market so please make sure that if you do invest $3500 make sure they are proven, so look at and contact previous clients before you spend money

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.