Home – New Forums Other discussions Not really work, business or solo related but gonna ask anyway…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone… I’ve ummed and ahhed for weeks about posting this here and finally decided that I will…

The short story – I’m calling for donations :)

The longer story – next weekend, my partner & I, as well as most of his family are doing the Run Melbourne event to raise funds for a foundation very close to our hearts… A fund has been established after my partner’s younger brother’s unexpected death in a car accident on 29 December 2011. He was committed to social justice & reconciliation (at the ripe old age of 16!) Donations will extend opportunities for Indigenous and non-Indigenous young Australians to increase cultural understanding and consolidate and extend recognition and reconciliation.

So – we’re getting close to the event and still have a little way to go to reach our target… any donation, no matter how large or small are greatly appreciated – details at the link below… (to make it a little business relevant – don’t forget donations are tax deductions!)

http://runmelbourne.everydayhero.com.au/rory_mccaffrey_reconciliation_fund

Thanks everyone :)

JaneB
    • Total posts: 324
    Up

Sounds like a good thing. Lots of people would rather donate to very specific causes than mega organisations like Red Cross.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hope the weather is good for you on the day.

Steve

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

That’s very inspiring Jacqui. Good on you. :)

Love your work!
    Jayne

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Forgot to ask, when is the run?

Steve

JacquiPryor
    Up

Hi Steve,

Its in Melbourne – aptly titled “Run Melbourne” and sponsored by the Age. It appears a couple of anonymous donations have been made since my post below – so, if that’s any of you soloists – a huge thanks :)

Divert To Mobile
    Up

No Jacqui When is the run

JacquiPryor
    Up

Oh dear – sorry Steve… clearly had a “I’ve forgotten how to read moment” there… it’s this Sunday, 15 July.

Garenius
    • Total posts: 41
    Up

I chipped in just a little bit, and I hope that your run will be successful! It’s always great to see people contributing to charitable causes.

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Hi Jacqui,
    Such a great cause, I wish I could donate more!

Best of luck, if you would like some not-so-suitable running atire, let me know!
    :)
    Kylie

JacquiPryor
    Up

You guys are absolutely amazing!! Thank you so much for your contributions, I actually cannot express how touched I am that so many people are supporting us on this cause!

For the reasons outlined in the first post, this is obviously one that’s particularly special to me, my partner and his family, and to ‘feel the love’ from others really does help us remember that something good and worthwhile is coming out of a situation that was so sad and unexpected.

Again, my sincerest and deepest thanks – you guys really do rock!!

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Wish I could donate but with business being a bit slow starting out I have to watch my pennies. :(

Good luck with it all though! :)

Corset Kylie
    • Total posts: 28
    Up

Good luck today Jacqui!
    Hope the weather doesnt turn bad for the run.

Kylie

JacquiPryor
    Up

Thanks Everyone … Weather was absolutely perfect in Melbourne today, which was great… apparently about 26.5 thousand people took place supporting various charities.. was quite an amazing sight really!!

Divert To Mobile
    Up

Well done Jacqui, I’m glad all went well.

Steve

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.