Home – New Forums Other discussions Notification of private messages

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up
    ::

I’m not receiving notification of any private messages and have just discovered a message left for me 3 weeks ago. The poor lady must think I was ignoring her. I’ve responded now and explained I didn’t know her message was there.

Shouldn’t we get an email notification or something?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Kathie,

In the Control Panel (in the grey bar above the forum), choose Edit Options, scroll halfway down the screen to the sections called Private Messaging and Visitor Messaging, and tick:

1. Receive email notification of new private messages
    2. Show new message pop-up (if you want that as well as an email)
    3. Enable visitor messaging (these are the messages that people sometimes leave on others’ profiles)

Let me know if you have any problems,
    Jayne

kathiemt
    Up

The only thing not enabled was the popup notification but everything else was so I don’t understand why I never got an email saying there was a message.

Jake@EmroyPrint
    • Total posts: 1,117
    Up

Do you ever get any emails notifications from the Flying Solo boards?

I remember when I first joined, they were routed through to my spam folder.

(Which I have since turned off, it was a little over zealous on the spam front – put a few too many things in there)

– Jake

kathiemt
    Up

Yes, I get notification of any threads I’m participating in. Just not the private messages.

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Well I’ll be a primates relative.

Again I have learnt something I had not seen before, or maybe just didn’t get around to looking for. Thank you, thank you Jayne, I too keep missing the fact that someone has sent me a PM – not any more!

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

you mean someone sends messages, I wonder if I have any?

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    kathiemt, post: 34760 wrote:
    The only thing not enabled was the popup notification but everything else was so I don’t understand why I never got an email saying there was a message.

Hi Kathie,
    That’s odd, and I’m afraid I’m stumped. But I have asked Guru-Peter to investigate for you. In the meantime, hopefully the pop-ups will alert you to any new messages that arrive while we’re trying to figure out the mystery.

peppie wrote:
    Thank you, thank you Jayne, I too keep missing the fact that someone has sent me a PM – not any more!

Hi Paul – my pleasure! As always :)

Jake – I’m thrilled you no longer consider mail from FS to be spam ;-)

Patrick… you crack me up!

Happy day folks!
    Jayne

Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Kathie,
    I’ve been in and checked and saved your settings in the database and PM email alerts is definitely activated for your account.

I’ve just sent you a test PM to see if you do get an alert.

I’ve been getting mine ok, have others had this problem I wonder?

We did have a server upgrade a few weeks ago and a few things went haywire then.

We are a few weeks away from another server move and a site and forum upgrade so hopefully that fixes more problems than it creates.

In the meantime, let me know if you get my PM? :)

Technology!!
    Peter

kathiemt
    Up

I’ll just keep an eye on it. I’ve just had notification there is a message when I logged in but the popup blocker has blocked it – I’ll have to work out how to remove that. And an email has just arrived.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.