Home – New Forums Tell me straight… NotSafeForWork Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    ::

You’ve been forewarned – only visit if you do NOT find adult entertainment websites offensive!

Paradise Adult Entertainment – http://www.qldmodels.com.au

Any feedback at all will be appreciated – especially from an SEO standpoint as we rely heavily upon google/etc traffic at the moment for leads. Please ignore the “website sponsors” part not working… eventually it will be dealt with by the designer…

ElizabethQ
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

Hi :)

Here are some points about your website from an SEO perspective:

Page titles – your page titles seem a bit too keyword stuffed. Not only can search engines consider this as spam, but it also dilutes the page title’s effectiveness. Focus on 2-3 keywords per page max and stick with them.

Navigation – Google does follow image links, BUT from an SEO perspective it is always good to have a text-based navigation structure with optimised anchor text. I would suggest replacing the image navigation with a text-based structure.

H1 tags – At first glance, I didn’t see any H1 heading tags on your site. I’d suggest placing an H1 on each page as the heading of the page, with optimised text. For example, if you’re targeting the keyword “Adult Entertainment” (or better yet “Cheap Adult Entertainment”) on the “Prices” page, put an H1 in there that says “Adult Entertainment Prices” or “Cheap Adult Entertainment Prices”). Make sure that you don’t spam keywords, it still has to be enjoyable from a user/visitor perspective.

ALT attributes – Add ALT attributes to your images. You have a lot of images on the site without ALT attributes. Search engines can’t read images, they rely on the ALT attribute (which should be a description of the image) to find out what the image IS. This will also get your images indexed in Google image search, which can provide plenty of traffic to your main site as well. Remember that ALT attribute text should be relevant TO the image. Place keywords through them where relevant.

There’s more that can be done, these are just the basics. Hope this helps!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up
    1FitMutt, post: 18371 wrote:
    Hi :)

Here are some points about your website from an SEO perspective:

Page titles – your page titles seem a bit too keyword stuffed. Not only can search engines consider this as spam, but it also dilutes the page title’s effectiveness. Focus on 2-3 keywords per page max and stick with them.

I’ll pass this on … you’re right… they are a bit full !

Navigation – Google does follow image links, BUT from an SEO perspective it is always good to have a text-based navigation structure with optimised anchor text. I would suggest replacing the image navigation with a text-based structure.

We recently re-did the side bar navigation .. I’ll pass this on however I highly doubt the person who is behind the site (who is also the owner of the business) will do so… she’s happy with the side bar as it is right now. Thus I can’t promise this will be implemented.

H1 tags – At first glance, I didn’t see any H1 heading tags on your site. I’d suggest placing an H1 on each page as the heading of the page, with optimised text. For example, if you’re targeting the keyword “Adult Entertainment” (or better yet “Cheap Adult Entertainment”) on the “Prices” page, put an H1 in there that says “Adult Entertainment Prices” or “Cheap Adult Entertainment Prices”). Make sure that you don’t spam keywords, it still has to be enjoyable from a user/visitor perspective.

Um. Cheap? HELL NO! Our ideal client isn’t bothered about price and instead wants quality (hot), reliable (as in they turn up on time or close to it), professional (not on drugs or drunk) girls and guys …. plus especially for our Hens Party section.. we’re offering a more boutique service. We want to be a high quality adult entertainment company not someone that attracts bargain hunters. We will gladly let the bargain hunters go elsewhere.

Also, I wish I could say “adult entertainment” was a well search for term however it isn’t… “female strippers” (gold coast / brisbane) and such like are the common search terms.

ALT attributes – Add ALT attributes to your images. You have a lot of images on the site without ALT attributes. Search engines can’t read images, they rely on the ALT attribute (which should be a description of the image) to find out what the image IS. This will also get your images indexed in Google image search, which can provide plenty of traffic to your main site as well. Remember that ALT attribute text should be relevant TO the image. Place keywords through them where relevant.

There’s more that can be done, these are just the basics. Hope this helps!

Oh it does… just that I doubt it will be done immediately. It might take a few weeks for her (the owner who also does the website design/maintenance) to do it. She has budget constraints why she won’t allow anyone else to “look after” the site. *le sigh*

Thus if you have ANY more feedback … gimme gimme more !! :D

ElizabethQ
    • Total posts: 49
    Up

I didn’t do your keyword analysis and don’t know anything about the business so the keywords I used were an example, it doesn’t change the principle of the H1 tag. Good luck, these are the basics, without them there’s little point going into more complicated stuff. Sounds like optimising the actual site isn’t a real option or will take ages before
    it’s done and all you can do is stick to link building.

JulieA
    • Total posts: 130
    Up

Maybe you could direct the owner of the website to this thread, it might help with the ” hard time letting go……”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.