Home – New Forums Money matters Occasional contracting consaultant

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    sweetums85
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

I would like some information if i was to look into hiring consultant to work on a needs basis for my company.

Things to be mindful of are the confidentiality and non disclosure Claus to include on an agreement

in terms of payment there would be times that initial meetings with a client may not be charged so if that is the case how would i make an agreement with my consultant?

ie pay them a hourly wage for their time and then a % if project moves forward with the company?

looking for ideas please.

Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up

Hi there,

Have you moved forward with your agreements yet? Let us know how you went or if you’re still looking for advice. :)

Dave

TehCamel
    • Total posts: 873
    Up

Obviously you would discuss this with any consultant you consider for the opportunity.

Speaking for myself, when I do presales etc, I don’t charge. If I had an additional consultant, or contractor with me, equally I wouldn’t charge my potential lead for their time. That’s my cost to absorb and gets written into the opportunity P&L somehow.

From a consultant point of view, you’d have to expect to pay the consultant something…. even if it worked on the same kind of idea.. “i’ll pay you XYZ, if we win the proposal, you get %QWE percentage of profit, less what you made for the proposal time” or something like that.

Used to work for a firm that worked in this way.. consultants would bill the firm for any work they did, regardless of what it was. They then get profit share, based on projects they worked on, once all the “costs” were taken out. The costs included things like provision of laptop, salary, percentage of payroll, percentage of standard overheads etc

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.