Home – New Forums Starting your journey Off Site Bookkeeping

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Bookkeeper90
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I am starting up my own off site bookkeeping business and i have a few questions.

1. With accounts receivable how will it work, i mean how will i (the offsite bookkeeper) know of new cheques and direct deposits made to the business. Do i ask the business to fill out a sheet answering how many cheques, how much and by who have been received.

2. Superannuation – Do I make the payments? or do i fill out relevant paperwork and send back to business, or do i get super company to send me relevant documents instead of to client.

3. If i enter amounts of what the client tells me, is there a responsibility on my behalf to physically see the document before processing. for eg: client says this week sales are $1000. do i need to see the receipts?

4. What documentation is common to be sent out. Do i need deposit and cheque books as well?

I know the answer to a lot of the questions is evaluate business and then see, but any comments on how you run your off site bookkeeping business would be great.

I would like to know how other people out there are running their offsite bookkepping business, so i can compare. Any procedures, templates, forms or processes that work would be great.

All answers greaty appreciated.

spotty
    • Total posts: 36
    Up
    ::

Might be an idea to have a look at http://www.theideasbook.com.au and purchase Sophie Andrews book – Build a Brilliant Bookkeeping Business sounds like you might need it.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.