Home – New Forums Starting your journey Office Cleaning Business Questions

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    theoa
    • Total posts: 3
    Up
    ::

At the risk of souding predictable.. seems like you need a business plan!

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Thanks for the update LILCZ.

Good luck for your studies too. I’ll look forward to hearing how things progress for you.

All the best,
    Jayne

don
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

i am new here in this website.. Actually i want to start a cleaning business in commercial side. Anyone can tell me that should i go with franchise system for the cleaning? and which franchise name is good in cleaning field..

Also any extra suggetion will me highly appiciated?

thanks all

[Former] FS Concierge
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Don,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for joining the forum.

Can I suggest that you start by posting a little about yourself and your plans over in this section of the forums: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/? That way you’re more likely to get the answers you’re looking for.

All the best,
    Jayne

don
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

Thanks Jayne for your suggetion.. i edited my profile.. now can anyone suggest me about the cleaning franchise..should i go with the franchise system..is it worth? and which name is good in this business? also what are the initial startup expence i have to take in mind to start any cleaning business?

This is really a nice website!!!!

thanks all!!!

FS Concierge, post: 63446 wrote:
    Hi Don,

Nice to meet you, and thanks for joining the forum.

Can I suggest that you start by posting a little about yourself and your plans over in this section of the forums: http://www.flyingsolo.com.au/forums/new-member-introduce-yourself/? That way you’re more likely to get the answers you’re looking for.

All the best,
    Jayne

GSanders12
    • Total posts: 201
    Up

Hey welcome to the forum! Sounds and looks like a very effective business that looks like it will profit widely.

One question, on the site it says that it services Dallas.. which is America. When i looked at service locations, they were all american it seems.

Have you expanded here?! If so, thats amazing :)

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Those of you who are contemplating Commercial Cleaning will NEED to have Asset maintenance 11 to even be able to work with a cleaning company. For those contemplating owning a commercial cleaning business you will need Asset maintenance 111.
    The Lennox Institute offers these courses and can direct you in how to get any Government assistance so that your courses fees are paid by the Government.

You will be finding in the not to distant future entering the cleaning industry will require a few incentives and a few new requirements.

The Cleaning & Hygiene Council of Australia is setting standards. They have been in consultation with Trainers, Facility Managers and the major Commercial Cleaning companies and also ‘Life be in it’.

As these requirements become finalised I shall be able to inform you of them. Now is the time to get into the Cleaning industry before these requirements become enforceable.

kangaroojosh
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for sharing lot of information on the thread for newly starting cleaning business entrepreneurs. I have just started off in the cleaning industry and currently in the market research stage before I really fly solo. As seen here.. certainly a good website and online presence would be my priority.

cheers,
    Josh

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

This thread seems to have repeated itself again.
    It has been interesting going back through the posts reading what I wrote and I’m happy to say I wont alter what I said, as it was and most of it still is appropriate.

Some things have changed but most haven’t and I still recommend training with in the cleaning and carpet cleaning industry before you venture out on your own.

There was NO training when I ventured into the cleaning industry, but having got to know those men and women who were running the large associations several were encouraged to introduced training courses into the industry.

ICAN the association I founded over six years ago is now embarking on a training programme for its new members. It already has a large mentoring programme in place new members discuss the area of carpet cleaning they wish to persue. Domestic or commercial. This is where years of experience comes into play. The machinery is different and the new members are advised what equipment they should be looking at. No brands or suppliers are mentioned but recommendations are made should an enquiry happen.

The reason I mention this is if you are considering a career change into cleaning and or carpet cleaning then seek the advice for professionals already in the industry.

Mag18
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    Burgo, post: 197417 wrote:
    This thread seems to have repeated itself again.
    It has been interesting going back through the posts reading what I wrote and I’m happy to say I wont alter what I said, as it was and most of it still is appropriate.

Some things have changed but most haven’t and I still recommend training with in the cleaning and carpet cleaning industry before you venture out on your own.

There was NO training when I ventured into the cleaning industry, but having got to know those men and women who were running the large associations several were encouraged to introduced training courses into the industry.

ICAN the association I founded over six years ago is now embarking on a training programme for its new members. It already has a large mentoring programme in place new members discuss the area of carpet cleaning they wish to persue. Domestic or commercial. This is where years of experience comes into play. The machinery is different and the new members are advised what equipment they should be looking at. No brands or suppliers are mentioned but recommendations are made should an enquiry happen.

The reason I mention this is if you are considering a career change into cleaning and or carpet cleaning then seek the advice for professionals already in the industry.

Thanks for replying to this tread. I am too trying to get advice on how to set a cleaning business. I work in a full time job but I would like to start maybe working after hours and then if everything goes as it should move into more full time option. Can anyone share some advice for new starters like me. I would greatly appreciate any suggestion. Just a bit about me, I have no previous experience but a burden desire to start my own business.

Lal
    • Total posts: 5
    Up

rjclean, I know the frustration mate, it’s going good and out of the blue you lose customers and struggling !

I thought to write something on this old thread to revive it as it has a lot of useful info and a reality check about starting your cleaning business.

For those who have a comfortable full time job thinking about a career change into the cleaning industry, be mindful of the risk of giving up the consistent income of the regular job. It could take a while for enough contracts/customers to make a similar income. Also the income is usually not regular/consistent unless your calendar is filled with ongoing or fixed-term contracts.

Perhaps have some side hustles also alongside your main contracts because as you have described in detail it can hurt your business bigtime if your main contracts are not renewed. Some of these side jobs could be things like running a spring cleaning campaign which builds up a buffer of cash to put into savings for leaner times when nothing is coming your way.

As Burgo said don’t give up. What’s that song… “If at first you don’t succeed, Dust yourself off, and try again… “

Best of luck.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.