Home – New Forums Starting your journey Offices and costs

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    hashkent
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

So I know there’s a lot of options such as service offices in CBD’s but what options are there in outer metro areas in Brisbane?

I know i could work 7am – 2pm and miss peak hour but that’s not when I expect my customers to want me! I use to work in the CBD and hated the 1 hour commute each way, public transport sucks and parking is crazy expensive partially in Brisbane!

What have people done when they’ve outgrown the home office, but don’t want a CBD office? I wouldn’t expect too many meetings in the city, and if they were in the city then i’d prefer to go to them after all these days all you need is an iPad and mobile and you can do business anywhere, any coffee shop is a meeting place right?

So what sort of costs would one be expecting for an office outside the CBD? I don’t understand how a lot of the offices for lease on realcommerical actually cost?

What would someone need insurance wise?

Has anyone ever rented an apartment or house out just specifically for their business? Assume a landlord agreed (e.g it was in directors name etc)?

Aleta
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

Hi,

Have you looked in to co-working spaces? Might be a good option for you. They often have meeting rooms as well.

Take a look at this website, might be useful:

http://blog.thefetch.com/coworking-spaces/coworking-in-australia/

Scentsy Man
    • Total posts: 4
    Up

I looked at renting an apartment for my business but didn’t find any landlords interested. I guess insurance and zoning are problems for small businesses in apartments. Love the idea of co-working spaces, Aleta. Thanks for the link.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Co working is great – I share an office with two other businesses and the vibe is fantastic, we all get along great and it works for inspiration too.

Referrals can also come your way with the right space so I couldn’t recommend it more.

Spacelli
    • Total posts: 28
    Up
    MissSassy, post: 182222 wrote:
    Co working is great – I share an office with two other businesses and the vibe is fantastic, we all get along great and it works for inspiration too.

Referrals can also come your way with the right space so I couldn’t recommend it more.

Co-Working is Great! I am a huge fan. All the major cities have so many to choose from. Also, there is a great tech start up called “desk near me” where you can find short term desks all over any town you happen to be in!!! Love it.
    The amount of collaboration and idea sharing that goes on puts the drab consulting suite to shame.

Best

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.