Home Forums Logistics “OfficeWorks MailMan” – very affordable flat rate Australia-wide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Hatching_It
    • Total posts: 414

Hi all,

Whilst I was at Officeworks last night I noticed that they’re now offering a mail delivery service called “MailMan”. The brochure states that it’s offered through a partnership with FastWay couriers. Here’s the website info – http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman

What interested me was that it is very cheap for flat rate Australia-wide postage once you’re over about 1kg. Under 1kg is still cheaper by Australia Post. It also includes tracking.

You have to purchase your delivery labels in the sizes that you need, help you get the right ones they have scales in the store with a bunch of calculators for figuring our cubic weight etc. You can use your own packaging or buy in store as well.

Here’s a link to the labels – http://www.officeworks.com.au/shop/SearchDisplay?searchTerm=%22mailman+parcel+delivery%22&storeId=10151&langId=-1&pageSize=24&beginIndex=0&sType=SimpleSearch&resultCatEntryType=2&showResultsPage=true&searchSource=Q&pageView=

A few interesting prices that I noted:

• Up to 10kg – $20 (remember this is flat rate, anywhere in Australia!)
    • Up to 5kg – $15
    • Up to 3kg – $13

You can also buy poster tubes which were the same prices.

Besides the obvious cheap flat rate Australia wide some other advantages I can think of are:

• An abundance of packaging material is available in store
    • Stores are open on weekends and until 9pm during the week so those of us with side businesses can easily make it there after work.
    • Buy all of your materials and labels online with your Officeworks account.
    • Doesn’t require hanging around home all day waiting for a courier to pick up your deliveries (don’t even get me started on this…)

However some disadvantages:

• Fastway are one of those budget courier services that you read lots of poor reviews about.
    • You’re lodging everything manually including writing the labels (maybe you could setup a template to type them in word and print them?)
    • Delivery labels are the same as cash, you lose it, you’ve lost your money. So you may be holding hundreds/thousands of dollars in pre-bought delivery labels.

So, because I can’t automate it, I won’t be using it. I’ve used Fastway before and they were OK, definitely better than Couriers Please but not as good as Australia Post or DHL etc.

If you’re looking for cheap Australia-wide postage that doesn’t have a caveat of requiring the postage to be metro then this might be a good option for you!

Hope this helps someone!

Maclean

bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485

Sounds good, the only drawback like a lot of courier services is their maximum size, 50cm is small. And 10Kg is not much either

aaron.miller
    • Total posts: 117

I looked at them as well,
    My main issue was that they couldn’t tell me when the FASTWAY guy came to pick up.
    I have also had several issues with fastway

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.