Home – New Forums New here? Share your story oh crap – help

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    hamvicky
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

I started a new admin job about 8 months ago. I thought I did all the right things by setting up in myob a payg account and a payroll account for myself – like the previous employees have. But I didn’t realise I actually had to send a tax file declaration off for myself to the tax office for myself. And I never did it. Now 8 months on my employee has payed the payg tax for me and it wasn’t necessary as I am only like a subcontractor – I get paid cash every week.

So my question is how do I fix this in myob? I need to get rid of my wages file and move it to either a book-keeping or subcontractors account. And what do I do in regards to the payg liability file?

oh crap. I have messed up..

CindyK
    • Total posts: 155
    Up
    ::

Hi Hamvicky,

Is the MYOB file you are speaking about your personal one as a contractor or the businesses and you are their employee/contractor?

If it is the businesses, you need to ring and admit the mistake to the owner, BAS Agent or Accountant as soon as possible so they can fix it.

This is because:
    It doesn’t matter if you were paid cash or not, you could still legally be an employee.
    It sounds like in the mistake the business may have paid tax on your behalf.
    Those figures running through MYOB have been used (I assume) to report to the tax office.

Adjusting these types of things is best left to the financial advisor.

If it’s your personal file you are talking about, that’s different and can possibly be adjusted through email assistance.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.