Home – New Forums Get productive Ok let’s have it…what will you do in 2014?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • Author
    Dave Gillen – Former FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 2,566
    Up
    ::

Call it a resolution, call it a plan, call it your recipe for success in 2014. But whatever you call it, OWN IT by sharing it here…

I’m especially interested in what you will do in January.

1) Post it.
    2) Do it.

Easy, right?

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

2014 will be the year I move from focussing on generating work to focussing on income.

Sounds simple right 😮

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Pray that Flying Solo fixes the Chrome bug so I can actually start posting again with no fuss.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up
    MatthewKeath, post: 180722 wrote:
    Pray that Flying Solo fixes the Chrome bug so I can actually start posting again with no fuss.

? No issue with Chrome on a Mac here.

Haven’t converted back to Windows have you?

JohnTranter, post: 180717 wrote:
    2014 will be the year I move from focussing on generating work to focussing on income.

Sounds simple right 😮

This is a lesson I should have learned 40 years ago … since I started doing less, and only working on what interests me, the result has actually been a higher return for the hours I do work.

PS

January is being dedicated to learning a new programming language, and it’s frameworks.

I’ve spent all December on research, and decided the new web paradigm will be asynchronous Javascript, probably built on Node.js and it’s mates.

Hope everyone has a profitable and happy 2014.

Cheers, Greg

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    estim8, post: 180734 wrote:
    ? No issue with Chrome on a Mac here.

Haven’t converted back to Windows have you?

This is a lesson I should have learned 40 years ago … since I started doing less, and only working on what interests me, the result has actually been a higher return for the hours I do work.

PS

January is being dedicated to learning a new programming language, and it’s frameworks.

I’ve spent all December on research, and decided the new web paradigm will be asynchronous Javascript, probably built on Node.js and it’s mates.

Hope everyone has a profitable and happy 2014.

Cheers, GregNah, Mac converted now :)

It keeps logging me out of the forums only on Chrome, but, strangely, didn’t do it this time (Here’s hoping)

Neil Inns (AUZi)
    Participant
    • Total posts: 13
    Up

2014 is going to be the year I work on the business rather than in it!

Regards

Neil

No Limits
    • Total posts: 44
    Up

I have some pretty big goals this year.
    One of my goals is to increase revenue by 50% in our sucessful biz which has been operating 7 years.
    This will be achieved by July this year.

Devy@FrenchSpeak
    • Total posts: 11
    Up

This January I will focus on rolling out our new Learn French in France Immersion Course, which will include a shiny new web site and glossy brochures. Well, it might be early February, but the bulk of the work is getting down now in January :)

For the rest of the year, I would really like 2014 to be the year that my core business expand outside of Brisbane and into at least one other capital cities. It will involve some big changes to the way I manage and operate the day-to-day, and which is one of the reasons why I’ve been putting it off until now. It’s easy to fall into a comfortable routine and hard to break out of one.

2014 will also be my Year Of Networking — I manage to keep myself busy enough that networking becomes one of the first activities to drop off my radar. I’m not just missing out on valuable contacts, I’m also not tapping into the wealth of knowledge that micro/small business owners are willing to exchange with each other.

No Limits
    • Total posts: 44
    Up
    Devy@FrenchSpeak, post: 181622 wrote:
    2014 will also be my Year Of Networking — I manage to keep myself busy enough that networking becomes one of the first activities to drop off my radar. I’m not just missing out on valuable contacts, I’m also not tapping into the wealth of knowledge that micro/small business owners are willing to exchange with each other.

Same here, has been a very weak point, even non existent in my life up to now.
    Looking for much personal growth this year and getting out of my comfort zone socially.

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

Hi Devy,

Sounds like you are in for a busy but exciting year especially with your expansion plans.

I’m sure it’s already in your plan but make sure you invest time documenting your processes and documenting a training plan for those who will be operating your business. It will help your expansion run more smoothly. Also since you won’t be able to be in two places at once, plan how you will communicate important information to keep your staff up to date.

Good luck with it all.

Mary

Mary Gardam
    • Total posts: 192
    Up

OK…here goes….

In 2014 I will:

Not be afraid to be myself in my writing and on social media
    Invest in my continued learning
    Step out from behind the computer screen and run some workshops
    Network, network, network

This year will be about: authenticity and confidence.

Leonie-SC
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

This year I want to have my Tiny Tweaks Self-paced program and Workshops up and running.

More precisely, the Self-paced Wellness Coaching program has a deadline of February. There are four workbooks, teamed up with an hour one-on-one live coaching and access to a private Facebook discussion group.

I’ll be following this up with a full day Tiny Tweaks workshop for those who prefer the more active experience.

I’m very excited about it! This project has been living and growing in my heart for over a year. I’ve been working on the content and I’m thrilled with the way it is coming together!

Back to work!
    Leonie

Bec CB
    • Total posts: 70
    Up

In January 2014 I will finish writing and editing my first newsletter and send it out.

ScarlettR
    • Total posts: 396
    Up

Build my habit and automation empire.

Basically to run a super efficient, high quality customer service business in the most automated way as possible. Really understanding the smaller actions that make up the bigger picture, and can make the difference (20/80)

And aiming to increase my income by 20%

Devy@FrenchSpeak
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    mg, post: 181659 wrote:
    Hi Devy,

Sounds like you are in for a busy but exciting year especially with your expansion plans.

I’m sure it’s already in your plan but make sure you invest time documenting your processes and documenting a training plan for those who will be operating your business. It will help your expansion run more smoothly. Also since you won’t be able to be in two places at once, plan how you will communicate important information to keep your staff up to date.

Good luck with it all.

Mary

Hi Mary,

Thanks for your input! You are right, there will be a lot of time spent on those activities. Related to that is the changes to workflow processes, which I’m working through at the moment. The French Speak web site is about to get an overhaul, and much of the processes for remote teachers (and teachers here in Brisbane) will be handled through the back-end of the site.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 31 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.