Home – New Forums Other discussions Old threads

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::

There has being a spate of old threads reopened of late, when I say old, I mean 4 to 6 years old, when the original poster has long left the scene, and the poster had just been on a sales pitch.

I notice people have commented on the fact, and that eventually someone deletes the post, plus the comments made about old threads opening (smoke and mirrors stuff).

I know the system asks you do you really want to open this old and decaying thread (I think over 6 months), but really?

Just a rant, I know a couple of others may want to comment, wont mentions them by name. LOL

Have a great day,

Paul – FS Concierge
    Keymaster
    • Total posts: 3,488
    Up
    ::

Hi Bert,

It is a good point you raise.

Just for the sake of clarity, we do not encourage opening old threads and as a moderated forum (we aim to look at every single new post), we delete posts when we see them. We also often write personal notes to people who seem to have a genuine Australian business and point out that opening an old thread, particularly where help has been asked for and received, is not wanted or helpful to the community.

So in the vast majority of cases, if our members were to do nothing the post would be deleted through moderation as a matter of course and because of its age, it would not show up when looking for new threads or posts.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.