Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Old User, New Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Damoz
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

I joined this forum towards the end of 2011. I have since attempted a business, which failed due to a lack of planning, and a lot of oversights on my part. At 23, failing wasn’t a big deal. I lost about $2,500. I had backing from family and I agreed that if things didn’t work out I would go back and get a job.

I have since got a job and I have resumed being bored out of my mind. I just feel sorry for desk people, who sit there and whinge all day waiting for 5pm, they don’t really want solutions, they just want to vent/bitch/moan about why it’s all someone elses fault. It’s always bothered me leaving at the end of the day knowing my work doesn’t matter, a real cog-in-the-wheel depression.

Anyway – the good news, is that I launched Car Crisp about 8 months ago. It’s been a crazy ride, but I have slowly built up suppliers, and trading partners and am now, for the first time, trading at a small profit of around $600 a week. We make car air fresheners, similar to the magic tree that you see in cars, in different shapes and scents. So if you check out my site and like them, feel free to buy one ;) Not sure if I can post URLs so mod it out if you must – http://www.CarCrisp.com.au

Just wondering if anyone else runs a business that is 50/50 (Bricks Mortar/Online) .. or know of any networking events or seminars that I can attend to raise my profile and get our products out there. Cold calling and hussling is hard work, I broke my back just to get the first 20 shops to agree to stock our products, but it’s getting easier now that the tables are turning and people are chasing me.

So if anyone on here is running a Milk-bar, Garage, or any other type of retail business that has a counter to sit a couple of these on, feel free to message me, at the moment we have a guarantee and are not charging anyone until products sell. It’s having an impact on cash flow, but at no risk to new businesses it’s helping me score contracts.

Also if you’re in Melbourne and have ideas, PM me too. I love ideas, and I need to launch more businesses so I can get the hell out of my cubicle prison ASAP!

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

Hi Damo,

Welcome back. Your site looks good, your moving forward business is looking up.
    Congratulations.

Steve

in case you want the terminology for supplying and not charging till product is sold – its consignment.

kathiemt
    • Total posts: 1,167
    Up

Hi Damoz and welcome back. You’ve been afflicted…. just like the rest of us. There’s just no way I could return back to a ….. dare I say it? … a…a job.

That aside, congratulations on not giving up and having an idea that is working for you. Your site looks great – quite different from regular sites.

Have you contacted Dean Parker? He’s on the forum here somewhere. Perhaps try the members list. Dean’s here in Melbourne. Actually I’ll PM you his details. I’m sure he’d be very interested in helping you. I’ve seen what Dean’s been doing with other businesses and he has some great ideas.

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

Welcome back to the forums. Nice little website you have got there. Best of luck with your venture! :)

NathanB
    Participant
    • Total posts: 775
    Up
    Damoz, post: 133672 wrote:
    Also if you’re in Melbourne and have ideas, PM me too. I love ideas, and I need to launch more businesses so I can get the hell out of my cubicle prison ASAP!

Hi Damoz. Welcome to FS.

If you can squeeze out of you cubicle prison tomorrow afternoon (2:00pm, Friday the 28th) a couple of us are soloists are meeting at The Mail Exchange to chat about APPs. Even if APPs aren’t your thing, you are welcome to join. I’ll be meeting some soloists for the first time the conversation will probably flow around people’s background, current projects, footy team allegiances etc.

Should be fun :)

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi Damoz!

Loved reading about the success of your second business.. makes my heart sing.

All the best!

inkable
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Great story! Congratulations on your progress with your new business.

Best of luck going forward!

Lawyer-Matthew-1
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Hi Damoz

Welcome to the forum.

It is true that great pain leads to great pleasure and your desk job sounds like a great example.

I am an experienced commercial lawyer and I would like to assist you with the legal advice you need. Your first phone call and/or meeting with me is free so feel free to contact me anytime.

dextereugenio
    • Total posts: 536
    Up

Hey Dude

Props on the business!

I was at a clients some months ago when a company like yours rocked up to do the sell.

It was at one of the busier Melbourne car washers and if you haven’t been to these kind of places (Im assuming you have) then start to do so.

Im a bit of a car nut so if you have any questions or ideas youd like to bounce, id be happy to give you my thoughts.

:)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.