Home – New Forums Marketing mastery On Demand promotional printing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    MLM
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

This will be my first post, joined today! My questions to the ‘all knowing’ internet continue to lead me to this website.

I feel like I have a bit of a niche situation and haven’t been able to find a solution in Australia searching the internet and the forums here to date.

Essentially, I am looking for a company that can satisfy one-off orders of promotional material (Business shirts, t-shirts, hats, bags) without the minimums typically imposed, for a large group of members. That is, I want to offer my members one place where they can go to order 1 item of the above, that I have already approved and supplied logo/design work to. This ‘partnership’ allows me to offer the service of branded clothing/products without having to warehouse 50 odd of ea size of ea shirt.

The promotional or apparel companies that I’ve spoken to seem to think I’m speaking another language.

Any ideas, suggestions, referrals?

Thanks,

Grant L
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I’m unsure if I can be of any direct help but I understand what you are saying as I do it with my glassware engraving business. I generally start off with a larger order, say for example an Army SGT. Mess might ask for 20 engraved beer mugs, but then I will keep their file saved and any new single orders I am happy to do for the same lower cost. I don’t require any minimum purchase though, could be 1 or 1000, just the time/cost works out better for bulk buys and combined postage.

All large promotional businesses I’ve ever come across have needed orders of 50+ etc. for every purchase and won’t do singles, a dozen or even say 49 without meeting their exact minimums. I understand their business plan so that’s where I fit in for smaller amounts of engraved glasses. Hope you got something helpful out of my rant and if I can be of any service with promotional glassware, please let me know.

MLM
    Up

Hi Grant L,

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, what you described is exactly what I have run into. I’m not able to find a promotional company that has filled this void in Australia for promotional clothing. As an example, Vistaprint does exactly what I am referring to, but their product line is more in line with paper printing, magnets, etc. where I am looking for clothing and apparel.

I understand the business model that exists for most promotional companies, now just trying to find one that fits with what my needs are.

Thanks again.

Grant L
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

Ah yes, for specifically clothing and apparel, have you tried somewhere like Zazzle? I’ve used them for putting my own artwork on T-shirts.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

With digital technology (direct to garment, die sublimation, heat transfer, etc.) as well as embroidery, placing small orders shouldn’t be a problem as they can be created on demand with very little setup cost as opposed to traditional screen printing.

I find it surprising that you can’t find anyone to help you. It seems like there’s a new tshirt printing website opening up every day that prints tshirts and other fabric products on demand. Is that what you’re after, or have I misinterpreted you?

MLM
    Up
    Grant L, post: 208119 wrote:
    Ah yes, for specifically clothing and apparel, have you tried somewhere like Zazzle? I’ve used them for putting my own artwork on T-shirts.

Hi Grant,

Thank you for the suggestion, but we’ve had problems with Zazzle in the past and I’d rather not use them.

MLM
    Up

Hi Bluepenguin,

Thank you for your reply. I am more than happy to look into any suggestions that you might have?

I’ve found a company called cafe press that may satisfy the need but waiting for more information about their affiliate program. Im also not sure if they have Australian production in place.

arrowwise
    • Total posts: 641
    Up

Most of these companies have minimums to satisfy bulk orders etc.

If you can offer uniquely branded items in one off single unit orders at a fair price the customer will pay, you would be filling a void in the market. Mostly likely you will need reasonable volume for it to be profitable.

If you can find 50 separate members that can agree on the exact same product, you can still order bulk from your supplier, but distribute them out individually which is another way.

ThexArm
    • Total posts: 253
    Up

Have a look at my website in my signature it does the same. Currently we are only printing t-shirts but our designer studio has capability to add mugs, phone covers, bags etc. Yes, this space is very competitive and not much demand for the product as such. But, a people like you and me come along to place orders sporadically.

bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up

In my opinion, I think you’d be best to look for a smaller, local business that offers direct to garment (DTG) printing and embroidery. I don’t really know any I could recommend, but there are plenty out there.

If you can get a decent amount of work through their doors consistently, they’ll bend over backwards to look after you, and having them close by would be very handy if you need to check colours, materials, quality, etc. or if you need to get something done in a hurry.

I doubt you’d get the personalised service you’d need, and prices low enough to add a decent margin if you went to one of the bigger guys as you’d just be another face in the crowd.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.