Home – New Forums Tell me straight… On-line Gift Shop. Reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    EvaGift.com.au
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi. This is my first website – “handmade” :)

Reviews and comments would be greatly appreciated.
    http://www.EvaGift.com.au

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

Hi Evagift,

Thanks for dropping by and posting your first post.

I won’t give a full review, but my first impressions of the site are as follows. Hope they aren’t too blunt, but i’m known for that.

Firstly the site looks both overly “busy” too much going on, hard to know where to look. It also has a very templated look. I work off templates often myself, but if it looks too generic and templated this isn’t a good thing.

Secondly, your logo is pretty awful i’m sorry to say. The colours don’t go together, the layout with your tagline looks unballanced both within itself and how it’s positioned on the page, and it has all been saved in some weird low resolution way – it looks pixelated (jagged edges around the letters) rather than smooth. I would personally get a new logo designed. While professional designers will normally change at least $300-$500 for a logo, even something from 99designs or similar would be much better than what you have (even though I don’t normally recommend them.

Finally, i’m not really sure who your target market is, and if your imagery suits. Obviously it’s gifts for the elderly, but is it other elderly people you are targetting as the purchasers of these gifts? If so, your site is probably too complicated to operate. If it’s younger people looking for a gift to gift to Mum or Grandma, well to be honest the models you have used (stock photos I presume) don’t make it look very inviting. There are plenty of photos out there of “cute old people”, complete with wrinkles etc that work fantastically well design wise – think “Betty White” or that famous photo of the old Chinese lady. The ones you have used don’t fall into this category to me – they look a bit sad really, and would instantly turn me off buying. If you were looking for models / stock photos for any site the look is important, even if it is images of the elderly. And also – what old man wants a rose as a gift, that’s just weird.

I also don’t have any idea what the point of the left scrolling text is for (it’s hard to read and I don’t know why it’s there).

Not sure if you were looking for “well done’s” or honest comment, but in my opinion (harsh as it is) you have quite a long way to go before you have a visually appealing, easy to use site that will attract visitors and grow strong sales.

Hope this helps a little – again sorry for being so blunt!

Matt

EvaGift.com.au
    Up

Hi Matt, thanks a lot for your opinion and time. I appreciate it.

EvaGift.com.au
    Up

Hi Matt, I have made some changes to my website, would love to get your opinion again (if you have time):)thank you

http://www.evagift.com.au

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.