Home – New Forums Money matters One-off Amex payment – advice needed

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    G4K
    • Total posts: 8
    Up
    ::

Hi everyone

I’m sorry if this question (or something similar) has been asked before but I couldn’t find anything through searches.

My business currently accepts PayPal, direct bank deposit and cheque however I’ve just managed to secure a very large order from a company that needs to pay via Amex. PayPal won’t accept Amex and my bank does not do merchant banking so I’m a little lost as to what to do.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

I look forward to the replies to this one…

Can ask for a different payment method? if a large transaction cant you bill and have it direct debited?

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    G4K
    Up

Thanks for the suggestion. Apparently the funds have already been put through onto the Amex card from the powers that be so the representative really needs to pay with the card. She is looking into alternatives but apparently there is a lot of red tape involved with paying via another method.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

Why can’t they pay via Paypal with their Amex card!?

SalenaKnight
    • Total posts: 604
    JacquiPryor
    • Total posts: 2,344
    Up

Do you know anyone that is able to accept Amex? As a once off, you may be able to have them process it and then transfer funds to you once they clear? Amex transactions fees are a little high, so if you haven’t built those into the invoice/payment you are expecting you would (obviously) need to cover those if you find someone able to assist.

If you imagine Amex becoming a more regular payment preference – look at becoming a merchant with Amex, and, make sure you cover transaction costs.

(Perhaps even give Amex a call and see if they can offer any solution as a once-off..)

Good luck!

G4K
    Up

I had been told that I couldn’t use PayPal to process Amex payments but hadn’t read about the Gateway option. Unfortunately I don’t bank with any of the major banks listed though so I don’t think it is an option unless I set up a merchant account with them.

Using someone else’s machine might be an option. Thanks for the suggestion. I’ll put my thinking cap on and see if I can think of someone.

At this stage I don’t really see that I have the need to process a lot of Amex payments in the future but it is something I will look into.

AGMBris
    • Total posts: 319
    Up

Hi

We may be able to assist, we use a billing house to run all our direct debit and amex is included. Depending how you wanted to do it we could run the payment on your behalf and fwd the funds back to you. Obviously you need to feel safe with the trust element but I just wanted to offer to help if you need it.

We are based in Springfield Lakes if you wanted to touch base or call on 1300 693 835. It would mean setting up an account with our billing house which may show a name on your clients statement that could confuse, but just putting it out there if we could assist you in anyway.

The third party billing house we use monthly and have so for 3 years is BillBuddy.

Let me know if we can help. Good luck

G4K
    Up

Thank you for the offer but it looks like the company may have finally sorted something out with their own third party at the end of last week. I will keep you in mind though if the same situation arises again in the future.

Thanks to everyone else who has offered advice too.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.