Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Online ads so terrible, that they work…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bluepenguin
    • Total posts: 1,026
    Up
    ::

Here’s an interesting article someone emailed me:

http://thenextweb.com/dd/2012/05/24/guerrilla-trend-make-an-ad-so-terrible-that-it-will-stand-out-and-drive-clicks/

I’m sure this concept will be done to death until it’s no longer effective, but it’s quite clever.

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

It’s Nice post..Bad Ads, Big returns.

But I think CTR is too low, As Google said at least 2% CTR needed to run the campaign well.

But i am more concerning for Conversion..It is the final thing everyone needed after Investment.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    vilson, post: 117435 wrote:
    But I think CTR is too low, As Google said at least 2% CTR needed to run the campaign well.Ummm, did you read the article? It’s a Facebook ad.

The article only cites one ad – which is not a large enough pool. More research is needed.

IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

It’s a funny idea, for $50 you could run your own FB add and see if it works!

Khaz0r
    Participant
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

I think these poorly designed ads only work for a portion of the population. If I saw a poorly designed ad I probably wouldn’t click on it just because I will automatically assume that the business isn’t trading too well and can’t afford a designer to create the artwork.

I also believe that these designs will devalue your brand’s perceived value. I couldn’t see a company such as Tiffany & Co. creating ads like this.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.