Home – New Forums Selling online Online audio visual store

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Autronics
    • Total posts: 7
    Up
    ::

Hello,
    I have been running my online shop a year , it is going well . But I really wish more traffic coming in /out.

I have done SEO, but it seems not that helpful .

Wish you guys not mind giving some suggestions.

Regards,Gavin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    customhometech , post: 182109 wrote:
    Hello,
    I have been running my online shop a year , it is going well . But I really wish more traffic coming in /out.

I have done SEO, but it seems not that helpful .

Wish you guys not mind giving some suggestions.

I would like to add your websites link into my one so that we both have more back links .

Regards,Gavin

Hello Gavin,

In order to get any useful feedback we need to know the website URL and some of your details.

Adding links from other sites to your site will not really help you a great deal and could result in a negative affect.

SEO always comes back to content and without seeing your website no one is going to provide much input.

John

Autronics
    Up

Hi John , thanks , this is my website :http://www.customhometech.com.au .

I spent a lot of spare time on it , currently it does what I need .

I have my targets and plan to send them email(we need to find how to find contacts ) , but apart from that, I wish More traffic from web search .

Thanks ,Gavin

SACKO – Head Office
    • Total posts: 35
    Up

Hi Gavin,

Running an online business is not really easy as it may seem.

Other than SEO, there are also other means on which you can get more traffic and one is from social networking sites. But always keep in mind that you should focus more on relevant and unique content to attract visitors.

But don’t be discouraged with SEO for it surely takes a bit longer process to achieve. This guideline might help you with SEO:

http://static.googleusercontent.com/media/www.google.com.ph/en/ph/webmasters/docs/search-engine-optimization-starter-guide.pdf

Goodluck!

Cheers,
    Edelyn

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    customhometech , post: 182180 wrote:
    Hi John , thanks , this is my website :http://www.customhometech.com.au .

I spent a lot of spare time on it , currently it does what I need .

I have my targets and plan to send them email(we need to find how to find contacts ) , but apart from that, I wish More traffic from web search .

Thanks ,Gavin

Hi Gavin,

Its a nice site and you have some good and detailed content.

It seems to be a bit slow to me but not too bad however you might want to investigate a faster hosting service. I see you use Opencart so if you are on shared hosting maybe see if you can improve the plan.

You have Myshopping in the header – why? you are just sending your potential customers away my recommendation is get rid of it. Never advertise another business or service on your online store.

I think the core issue is that you have no contact information what so ever except a form. You have an email address in the warranty and privacy sections but nothing else.

These can be pretty expensive products and sorry to say I would not buy from your website. I would expect a phone number and a physical address. I want to know who is selling me these products. That I think is the key issue.

Too many online store owners think that anonymity is a good idea well its not. So take a deep breath and figure out of you want to get more sales. If you do then let people know who they are dealing with. You can get 1300 and 1800 phone numbers that can be redirected. You can also use services that will give you an address. If you have an office or warehouse then let people know it will improve the trust factor.

I wrote this blog about trust and it might give you some ideas.

Good luck.

John

Michelle Johnson
    • Total posts: 97
    Up

Hi Gavin,
    Great to hear that your business is going along well, and that you are seeking opportunities to grow.

Have you thought about a blog and guest blogging? People can get to know you, you can position yourself as an expert, and it drives SEO. creating a group of followers to champion your sites and brand will help – try and make more meaningful connections through content marketing.

Happy to talk more offline if you need help in this direction.

Have fun!
    Michelle

Autronics
    Up

thanks so much , guys , all your advices are spots on .

It is really hard job for myself to look after everything , both technical and marketing related .

Your guys are pushing me forward ,I will looking into all and put them into effect.

Bty , anyone are welcomed to join in if you would like to start my kind of business .

Regards,Gavin

Autronics
    Up

Hi Edelyn ,
    Thanks for the link . I agree with you .However social network seems so close but out of reach to me , I need to study it .

Cheers,Gavin

Autronics
    Up

Hi John , I used to use my shopping to promote my website , but I have not get good outcome.Now I cancelled it but have not remove the link .

The contact section is what I am struggled. I could not quit my full time job to do my own business.

So the address/warehouse and contact are not easily solved , but I need to find a better solution for my potential customers .

Cheers ,Gavin

Autronics
    Up

Hi Michelle,

Blogging is really good direction , but as a new hand , I do not know what I should start . It would be appreciated if you do not mind sharing your idea.

Cheers,Gavin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.