Home – New Forums Tech talk Online booking engine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Travel Stylist
    • Total posts: 12
    Up
    ::

Hi,

I have my new website up and running and I think the next step is to put a search engine on there?

As a solo person am I best to become an affiliate with someone like Expedia or is there other ways to get a search engine on there etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

TheGoldenGoose
    • Total posts: 860
    Up

Hi Jodie

Not too sure what you mean, but Im sure a web developer would be able to help you clarify what you need.

Are you after a box so you can search on your website through your site content?
    Or do you want your site to be found through search engines like Google?

Hope you can find the help you need :)

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

You already have site search on your site, so maybe you need to clarify a bit.

Travel Stylist
    • Total posts: 12
    Up

Hi,

Sorry was talking in travel lingo..

I want a box on the site, that you customers can search for Flights, hotels, car hire etc.

I know that you can be an affiliate for someone like Expedia but just wondering if there was another way to get your own booking site on there?

Thanks

Jodie

Mrs Fox
    • Total posts: 81
    Up
    Travel Stylist, post: 128653 wrote:
    Hi,

Sorry was talking in travel lingo..

I want a box on the site, that you customers can search for Flights, hotels, car hire etc.

I know that you can be an affiliate for someone like Expedia but just wondering if there was another way to get your own booking site on there?

Thanks

Jodie

Travel Stylist, post: 128547 wrote:
    Hi,

I have my new website up and running and I think the next step is to put a search engine on there?

As a solo person am I best to become an affiliate with someone like Expedia or is there other ways to get a search engine on there etc.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

You can use Google Custom Search to add a query box on your site and enable visitors to search your content. Go to http://www.google.com/cse/ and log in with your Google email. You’ll get a search box code that you can paste on your web page.

If you want a search box that displays the content of your preferred advertisers or sponsors, ask their development team for the widget code. But I think this is also possible with Google Custom Search.

seocourse
    • Total posts: 918
    Up

Expedia affiliate is pathetic and their conversion rate is less than 1%

You have more chances of closing direct deals (direct advertisement) than making any income with Expedia affiliate…. unless your site is making over 20K uniques per month I don’t thinks is a real way to monetize a site.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.