Home – New Forums Starting your journey Online Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kennedy101
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hi i have recently built a website, targeting the US market selling services.

I need to a payment processor to setup installment payments for my customers. For two reasons – to improve sales and increase transaction value.

I have taken a look around and paypal seem to be the best bet with there – Enhanced Recurring Payments for PayPal Payments Standard – https://merchant.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=merchant/erp_overview

Which costs $19.99 a month

Which is exactly what i need. However they require an ABN number for you to sign-up.

I’m guessing this is pretty much going to be the situation with most payment processors?

I might have to signup for a ABN. But i was wondering are there any issues using a ABN purely for selling to the US market (International markets).

Any suggestions/tips?

Thanks,
    Chris

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Chris,

I’m not the right person to answer your question, but I’m sure someone around here will be able to point you in the right direction.

In the meantime, welcome to Flying Solo, and good luck for your new venture!
    Jayne

ryanmclean
    • Total posts: 25
    Up

Do you live in Australia? If so you are going to need an ABN to accept business transactions.

I’m pretty sure you can create simple “buy now” buttons or “add to cart” from a personal account on PayPal, but not sure of the legalities of it.

An ABN is free to set up and really easy to do. What are you worried about?

DavidThomas
    • Total posts: 265
    Up

Yep, if your selling products to anyone, an ABN is definately required. Even if your selling to the US. The ABN will also allow you to setup a bank account, which is what the merchant account attaches to.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.