Home – New Forums Money matters Online Checkout / Shopping Cart

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    PRF Zed
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hello all,

Alright so I’ve got my domain / hosting setup.
    I’m wondering what would be THE BEST shopping cart / checkout system I could have.. One pre-configured. I know that’s the easiest option, but it is also the cheapest at this point in time for me as I am starting up my business and am pushing it to be up before July this year.

I know you can get a custom Checkout / Cart system coded, and if anyone knew any one who could do such a task as well..

Cheers.

James Millar
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,739
    Up

Ashop is pretty good. We are rolling it out with a client at the moment. Simple. Cheap. Good features. The IT and graphics guys we use like it. Australian based so gateways are ready.

Helping build better businesses and better lives with expert financial and taxation advice. [email protected] www.360partners.com.au 03 9005 4900
    cubewebsolutions
    • Total posts: 1
    Up

We use the Ecommerce Templates system for our clients, which comes in a range of templates or a generic one that can be highly customised to fit within just about any existing website, or any new website from the ground up.

http://www.ecommercetemplates.com/

The software is a once-off purchase, with a small yearly fee to receive regular updates (security and features).

All you need then is your domain name and hosting package, and you’re good-to-go.

Drop us a line if you’d like any further information.

websitedesigner
    • Total posts: 917
    Up

Hi PRF Zed

These are your main 2 options (assuming you want your own, full featured shopping cart system i.e. with customer management, order management, product catalog etc).

1. A hosted platform

With hosted systems you don’t have to host the site yourself, so you don’t have to worry about hosting. A lot of businesses will host their domain anyway for email or for their existing sites so the hosting probably isn’t a deal breaker. But the best things about these systems are they cost stuff all to setup and you pay an ongoing monthly fee which is generally pretty good – the one killing it at the moment seems to be http://www.bigcommerce.com

The downside of this setup is (1) you don’t have a huge control over how the site looks and functions. If you want to be specific about what you want then you really need to have your own one setup and (2) it will sit separately to your website if you have a general business website. It could be on the same domain or a sub-domain but it will be a stand-alone system in a different location so this is a bit of a pain.

Have one built yourself and host it on your own domain

There are a few discussions about this already over in the talking tech forum so check that out. Basically with this option you can have the site look exactly how you want and do whatever you want. Once you get established you will probably want to look at this option but it could be costly to start (lower ongoing monthly fees).

In my business we aren’t tied to any particular platform but we tend to use Joomla! / VirtueMart for sites that want a shopping cart fully integrated into a more typical business website and Magento for a more serious ecommerce site.

Hope that helps, and good luck.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.