Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Online Computer Training Website Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    VideoTraining
    • Total posts: 101
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys, we have just launched our online computer training website and are now open for business!

I would appreciate feedback relating to the design and ease of use for the website – it is supposed to be super intuitive so that people with very limited computer skills can use the site effectively.

Wording suggestions are also appreciated.

Feeeback on products that you would like to see added would also be useful (other than Microsoft Office and Windows – we are working on them).

http://www.DVDcoach.com

Kindest regards,

joanbell
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Hey Tony,

Just had a quick look at your website. Looks great to me. Very simple. The first thing I saw was the Training Courses and Quick Tips which was perfect for someone who isn’t computer savvy.

The site was very simple to navigate and I think you’re on a winner. I also think it is a great concept and if I come across anyone who needs this service I will recommend them.

VideoTraining
    Up

All constructive reviews are appreciated!

If you think something could be better or changed in some way, please feel free to let me know.

Tony Morris
    Online Computer Training Made Easy

VideoTraining
    Up

Hi Nevenka,

Thanks so much for taking the time to provide this feedback!

I have fixed the issues you mentioned – duplicate content and wording on the Home Page.

I like the idea of the video on home page as well – I might have to look into this.

We will also look into the TAFE certification idea once we are rolling – TAFE are closing down many computer courses from what I hear, so we are only too happy to take up that slack!

Thanks again for your time.

Tony Morris

Burgo
    Participant
    • Total posts: 2,104
    Up

Hi Tony,
    Had a look at your website, great idea and I see a market for seniors here.
    With more and more seniors taking to the internet many with none or very basic training, you training could give them more confidence in surfing the net and having more fun.
    Centrelink put out a magazine and there is a seniors website called ‘Greypath’ which may be willing to promote your site.

soliddata
    • Total posts: 392
    Up

Nice site – well done.

Very crisp and clean, and simple to follow.

A couple of small suggestions:
    1. on each training course page you have “Free to watch!” in the intro sections, but then the ones below are obviously part of the paid subscription but there is no link to “become a member to watch” or “included in subscription, signup here” links in that column. These would allow someone to see a topic they are interested in, and signup straight away.

2. On the signup page, I found it confusing to work out the cost. It starts by showing Cost=$0, so it seemed free. I suggest you have that section default to the 1-year subscription for one person, and show the charge that way.

Also, in terms of the business model, as a subscription you want to blow them away with value, so you really need lots more courses available in their subscription. Are you able to license courses from somewhere else?

Hope that is useful.

Kev

wumod
    • Total posts: 2
    Up

i have checked you website, at the first look is that the web design is great
    and my suggestion:

1. the title ” welcome to your company “need change

2. the link -training course is not viewy

hope this useful to you

VideoTraining
    Up

Hi Wumod,

I am not quite sure what you mean.

What do you think the “Welcome” message should say?

Also, what do you mean by “viewy”?

Kind regards

Tony Morris

jdyason
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Hi Tony,

You should consider adding descriptive meta tags for your pages. This will assist Search Engines and ultimately customers.

The tag should look similar to this:

See here for more detail:
    http://www.google.com/support/webmasters/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=35264

Regards,

JAD
    Hunter Valley Computers

VideoTraining
    Up

Hey Sophia, thanks for the feedback – the site is about to undergo some big changes/additions thanks to the feedback I have had from this community.

I have been busy beavering away in the background to get it all done.

By the end of next week I will make an announcement!

Welcome to FlyingSolo – I am sure you will enjoy it!

Kind regards,

Tony Morris

PhilS
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    DVDcoach, post: 23341 wrote:
    I would appreciate feedback relating to the design and ease of use for the website

Very nice looking site. One comment regarding the web design…

The page title is 74 characters long, and there is no description Meta-tag. So if someone finds your site on a Google search they will see a truncated title line (Google shows 65 characters) and a description you do not control… Currently a search on your URL shows a description of:

“Chat & Dating · Personal Ads · Singles · Chat · Dating · Travel · Air Travel · Discount Travel · Adventure Travel · Resorts · Wholesale & Auction …”

Obviously a cached page, and then links to an error page.

I would suggest putting a 65 Character page title and a description tag with 150 characters of text (The maximum Google will display) and then submitting the page to Google, Yahoo and Bing for re-indexing.

Regards, Phil S.

VideoTraining
    Up
    Serenicom, post: 36628 wrote:
    Very nice looking site. One comment regarding the web design…

The page title is 74 characters long, and there is no description Meta-tag. So if someone finds your site on a Google search they will see a truncated title line (Google shows 65 characters) and a description you do not control… Currently a search on your URL shows a description of:

“Chat & Dating · Personal Ads · Singles · Chat · Dating · Travel · Air Travel · Discount Travel · Adventure Travel · Resorts · Wholesale & Auction …”

Obviously a cached page, and then links to an error page.

I would suggest putting a 65 Character page title and a description tag with 150 characters of text (The maximum Google will display) and then submitting the page to Google, Yahoo and Bing for re-indexing.

Regards, Phil S.

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the feedback – I appreciate you taking the time to have a look.

I have just tried to find the description issue that you mentioned, but I can’t find it.

Can you send me a screen shot? [email protected]

I have also been very busy re-branding the site over the past few weeks (which is why I have been quiet on this site), thanks to some other great feedback I received from here – slowly it is coming together.

Kind regards,

Tony Morris
    http://www.VideoTraining.com.au

PhilS
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    DVDcoach, post: 36639 wrote:
    I have just tried to find the description issue that you mentioned, but I can’t find it.

Can you send me a screen shot? [email protected]

No I can’t… I copied the URL into a Google search last night and got the (rather strange) description I posted. (Google did indicate a cached page)

This afternoon it looks fine. Perhaps the site has been re-indexed.

All is well.

Hope it goes well. – Phil S.

VideoTraining
    Up
    Serenicom, post: 36696 wrote:
    No I can’t… I copied the URL into a Google search last night and got the (rather strange) description I posted. (Google did indicate a cached page)

This afternoon it looks fine. Perhaps the site has been re-indexed.

All is well.

Hope it goes well. – Phil S.

Hi Phil,

I just did a check of backlinks to the site and I can see what you are talking about. The VideoTraining.com.au domain name was parked and was probably running advertising before I purchased it.

Kind regards,

Tony Morris

VideoTraining
    Up
    missjanicedemesa, post: 0 wrote:
    wow. for me that would be very helpful because right now I am taking the online computer training course but i need some resources too and that is why I am looking for a review sites.

Hi Janice,

Our training is different to this screen shot based training – there is a new thing now called full motion video! :-)

The first few videos of all of our training courses are free to watch, so feel free to look at our site and watch some of the free videos.

Kind regards,

Tony Morris

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.