Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Online fashion store start up advice

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    PG881
    • Total posts: 1
    Up
    ::

Hello everybody , I am new to this forum and thought I would give it a try and see if I could get any substantial information and support. The fashion industry is something that I have been very passionate about and I’m in the process of starting an online clothing venture . I have been working extensively towards it by trying to gain as much information and knowledge as I can. Would anyone be able to give me advice, leads or ideas on how to get big brands into a retail store in Australia . Any idea of the start up costs involved in setting up an online clothing store ? It would help me bring clarity to business plan .

I have a registered ABN for my company and a website domain which will be developed shortly. I hold two business degrees and do know a little about the fashion industry due to my research and involvement, but don’t have the expertise thoroughly. I have run around quite a lot to launch a clothing brand earlier but had to put that on a hold for now due to personal reasons . If things get going well , I would be able to tap and access resources to take the venture ahead.

I would also be happy and interested to work along or together with someone who is equally passionate , committed and wants to make a successful mark . I am very passionate and driven person in what I do . I am willing to share the benefits of the venture if anyone is interested in working alongside and making it a success. I am sure that with good minds, hard work, passion and coordination anything is possible .

I would love to get to know more people who are just starting off in this industry. The online store is just a stepping stone for further ventures in the fashion industry which I am keen to establish .

Thank you and look forward to get some feedback

Cheers ,

Pratap

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Hi Pratap, and welcome to flying solo. The fashion industry is very competitive and a very clicky environment. If I am reading your post correctly you have designed your own label?

There are just to many answers to the questions you have posted and impossible to answer in a post. Lets start with how much will it cost to set up an online store. Obviously you will need a ecommerce still web page which will allow your clients to purchase on line. You will need to know your delivery cost and most of all you will have to have stock. How much stock? how long is a piece of string. Perhaps the level of stock a bricks and mortar store holds might be a good place to start.

But that’s the easy part….

The hard part is the marketing. You will need to get your brand out there. This will involved some SEO marketing, facebook advertising and marketing.

You will need to hit the streets and promote your brand in the trenches. Word of month might be your best strategy. I would look at holding some fashion parades and perhaps some shopping centre displays.

If you are looking for more integrated help, I would be happy to have a chat.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Getting into the large stores is difficult and the fastest way will be to use a fashion agent. They are expensive though!

Your start up costs for an online store are going to vary depending on the stock levels you are selling.

I would suggest that you take the time to speak to a business adviser or mentor and get some of these plans down on paper, from here you can look at your budget and see what you can do.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.