Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Online Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    nev
    • Total posts: 57
    Up
    ::

I am a member of many on line forums (Like Flyingsolo)
    One that is trade/work related that I am a moderate
    This one seems that the original owner and 2 other Moderators very rarely are seen on the site
    I am thinking about offering to buy the site wondering if there is money to be made from it
    Or at least cover the costs of running it
    There is at current approximately 4 sponsor’s that I assume pay a fee
    I’m hearing about ADDSENCE what sort of money is involved

What would be a reasonable price to take over the site and what would I expect to get paid from sponsor’s

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

It really depends on how much traffic the forum attracts, and it’s Adense, which is to do with Google ads. Adsense can be a good money earner but once again it really depends on how much traffic the forum attracts. Lastly, there is a lot more work involved with keeping a forum active than meets the eye.

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

I agree with Tony, it looks Easy, but not Easy..There are many forum sites in Aus, but not all are getting Success. Also you need to have Good marketing Approach too..But once it Get all Done, then there are Many chance of getting Good ROI.

I can say, Just Jump in..

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    Peter – FS Administrator
    • Total posts: 1,889
    Up

Hi Nev,
    I’d be asking questions about the community itself – such as how many monthly visitors, page impressions, how long people stay on the site, number of active members etc – as well as what it might be already getting in terms of advertising.
    As others have said it requires a lot of patience and hard work to build a community – to make it work I think you have to be truly passionate about the topic and people, and not just looking at it as a business opportunity.
    As you are moderating the forum no doubt you have a good insight into how it works already.
    All the best with it and let us know how you go!
    Cheers,
    Peter

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.