Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Online Payment Gateways: What are you using?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    electricblue
    • Total posts: 40
    Up
    ::

Hi Everyone,

Curious, what online merchant payment gateway do you use and why would you, or wouldn’t you, recommend it?

We use Eway here, however there’s a BIG problem that’s just started happening.

First, the process is this

Ecommerce System –> Merchant Gateway –> Bank

For us that means:

Infusionsoft –> Eway –> Commonwealth Bank

The commonwealth bank just recently updated their policy to require the CVV to be passed to them on all credit card transactions.

Here’s where it gets tricky…

Infusionsoft does collect the CVV if we tell it to…
    However it only pushes the CVV through if the merchant gateway requires the CVV card.
    They’re telling us that Eway is not requiring the CVV card…

Thus we have lots of failed online transactions occurring.

One could argue on either side of who’s issue it is (whether infusionsoft for not passing it through regardless, or Eway for not requiring it as per the commonwealth bank – I’d lean towards the latter since they’re the ones directly dealing with the banks)…

If they don’t solve this ASAP we’re going to need to get a new merchant gateway ASAP.

Any ideas and suggestions?

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up
    electricblue, post: 117242 wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

Curious, what online merchant payment gateway do you use and why would you, or wouldn’t you, recommend it?

We use Eway here, however there’s a BIG problem that’s just started happening.

First, the process is this

Ecommerce System –> Merchant Gateway –> Bank

For us that means:

Infusionsoft –> Eway –> Commonwealth Bank

The commonwealth bank just recently updated their policy to require the CVV to be passed to them on all credit card transactions.

Here’s where it gets tricky…

Infusionsoft does collect the CVV if we tell it to…
    However it only pushes the CVV through if the merchant gateway requires the CVV card.
    They’re telling us that Eway is not requiring the CVV card…

Thus we have lots of failed online transactions occurring.

One could argue on either side of who’s issue it is (whether infusionsoft for not passing it through regardless, or Eway for not requiring it as per the commonwealth bank – I’d lean towards the latter since they’re the ones directly dealing with the banks)…

If they don’t solve this ASAP we’re going to need to get a new merchant gateway ASAP.

Any ideas and suggestions?Have you called Eway and asked them? They are pretty approachable as far as I know. It’s their problem and you would think their would be problems with a stack of their other customers. They need to sort is ASAP.

I assume you have Paypal as an option as well, so I would disable Eway and just use Paypal until it’s sorted. No point missing sales in the meantime.

Gavin_S
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Electricblue,
    I look forward to hearing how you go with this. I am launching some software soon – just waiting on my merchant account to be approved by NAB and then I am ready to go.
    I was intending on using eWAY so I’m keen to know if they will sort this out.
    Cheers,

Gavin

Vilson
    Participant
    • Total posts: 184
    Up

It is depends on Number of transactions..

if you have less transaction then go for PayPal and
    if you have more transaction then go for Secure Pay.

Create Online Test or Quiz on ScoreBell
    IncredibleCo
    • Total posts: 406
    Up

I’m with Matt here, Eway are a pretty user friendly company. Just call them / email them and I bet they can help you out.

Ashman
    • Total posts: 78
    Up

We just started using http://www.2checkout.com and they seem so far so good. It only costs $10 a month with about a 3.99% fee.

electricblue
    • Total posts: 40
    Up

Hey Guys,

Thanks for the responses.

1. Calling Eway – Yea, overall they’re awesome with Support. Still looking into this… however, as it seems, it’s as though both sides feel it’s the other…

A. Infusionsoft says they collect the CVV code but don’t pass it through unless it’s required by the Merchant Gateway (Eway)…
    B. Eway doesn’t collect it unless it’s past through by the ecommerce system.

It’s a catch 22. I’m still getting a final confirmation from Eway that this is what’s happening. Both are saying that the other side needs to implement something.

2. Gavin – Have you checked out the Commonwealth’s rates? They were down to as low as I think 1.20% per transaction and $30 per months. With our high end transactions that was awesome. Granted, this whole requiring the CVV thing is being a pain in the butt. I’m not sure if NAB does that too.

-E

Gavin_S
    • Total posts: 80
    Up

Hi Electric,
    NAB are 1.1% + a 10 cent credit card fee, the monthly fee is $22, plus a $7 monthly access fee.
    Seems like a fairly good deal, the software I am launching has a really low price point (starting at just $9 a month) so it was important to keep the fees as low as possible. The banks seem to ask a lot of questions about the business and expected turnover before they set their fees. The prices quoted to me we’re slightly lower than I was expecting so that’s always a good thing.

Initially I was going to use PayPal’s “PayFlow Pro” as their prices seemed reasonable – then I discovered I was on the US site and there is a huge difference in pricing for each country. Australia pays 3x as much as people in the US for the exact same service. It’s frustrating, and I’m debating if I will label PayPal as racist. Haha

Gavin

Tamper Evident
    • Total posts: 64
    Up

We are looking at adding NAB to our website for payment processing.

I am not sure if we would put in a third party software when the banks offer these services at lower prices.

The only extra work is the integration.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.