Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Online retail startup

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    o2wear
    • Total posts: 4
    Up
    ::

Hi flyingsolo

I’ve just started my own online business – O2wear. I’m selling women’s body wear made from bamboo fibre (its actually very soft even if it doesn’t sound like it!). At this stage I’m just selling camisoles and leggings but I hope to expand in to more styles as business improves :)
    I think the biggest factor in my success is going to be google rankings so I’m quite interested to hear how other online businesses, or websites in general have been able to improve their organic google rankings. I’ve been reading a lot about SEO etc and I’ve tried to include a lot of content on my website using keywords. I’ve also started a blog (though I’m yet to post!) on my website too as I’ve read that this can be a good way to generate links back to your website.
    I’ve also been playing with Adwords. I’ve made a few sales through this which always makes me happy, but I spend more on the ads than I’m generating through sales so its not really a sustainable model.
    I’ve registered with organic and eco-friendly directories and I’m getting in to social media as well to promote my business, but I’m not sure if its enough. I guess I’m just being impatient for instant results!
    I would love to hear your comments on how you’ve been able to improve rankings and the success (or lack of) you’ve had with google adwords. I know this is very subjective and would depend on a lot of factors but any advice would be appreciated!
    My website is http://www.o2wear.com

Thanks for your help,
    Anna

profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up

Besides on page SEO, I recommend acquiring more links to your site. I could only see links to your site from Guide Me Green, Eco Who, The Green Directory and Hot Frog.

DreamscanbeVisions
    • Total posts: 284
    Up

With SEO the best thing to do is perfect on-page seo & build as many relevant incoming links as possible.

Bamboo clothing is quite competitive here in Aust from what I can see. A great SEO method is having an exact match domain & adding exact match keyword to content, etc on the page then use external anchor links with that same exact match keyword – This is just one simple strategy that may boost ranking.

Only problem is – Bambooclothing.com.au is taken & has 720 exact searches/month in Au alone. If you had a domain like that & optimized for “Bamboo clothing” you’d be first page with a bit of work.

You can see that a competitor beat you to this concept – http://bambooclothing.com.au/ There’s still hope to rank first page but you will need to learn alot about SEO (Search: SEOMoz) & there will need to be additional work done to compete with your main competitor http://bambooclothing.com.au/ since they’ve already got an seo advantage of exact match domain.

I honestly think adwords may be best for now, the best thing you can do is optimize your adword campaigns & target an individual set of similar keyword with one ad group & within Australia only.

Also try to be clever in the ad’s content since the CTR is what determines quality score at a big level, furthermore you should optimize your landing page as to be very similar to the ad & be exactly what the potential customer is looking for.

Don’t forget to have seperate ad groups for exact match, phrase match & broad match.

With broad match be sure to use plenty of negative keywords.

Using the latter you can drastically reduce Cost per click.

I noticed you use volusion, I’m not sure if you can edit title tags, etc but if you can that would be great to further optimize the landing page with the adword group.

My best advice is learn, learn, learn & google has it all just search SEOMoz & read all day, in that one day you’ll learn so much.

Also++++ Go to youtube & search for things like “optimize adwords ad” “optimize landing page” etc etc etc

Kind regards.

profitclicks
    • Total posts: 160
    Up

Then again, http://www.bambooclothing.com.au doesn’t have very many backlinks at present….

o2wear
    Up

thanks for the tips, will def look in to all that.

anna

hstores
    • Total posts: 8
    Up

Hi Anna,

The site looks great!

Volusion offer a great service.

Did you do the photos and graphics yourself, or did you get help from Volusion or a webdesigner?

All the best.

Regards
    Steve

o2wear, post: 87672 wrote:
    thanks for the tips, will def look in to all that.

anna

o2wear
    Up
    hstores, post: 87701 wrote:
    Hi Anna,

The site looks great!

Volusion offer a great service.

Did you do the photos and graphics yourself, or did you get help from Volusion or a webdesigner?

All the best.

Regards
    Steve

Thanks Steve. Yes I’ve been quite happy with volusion – good value for money and a chat feature where you can ask questions of the experts when you accidentally delete your html!
    I used a professional model and photographer for the photos but did the design, graphics etc myself. Learnt a lot in the process and it means I’ll be able to continue to update the website myself which I think is a big plus.

Kind Regards,
    Anna

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.