Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Online retail Store in WA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Double The Deal
    • Total posts: 14
    Up
    ::

Hi guys

I am in the process of starting a new online store (yes similar to COTD or Dealdirect). I am aware that I will be swimming with the big sharks but I have done my research and have decided it is time to give it a go. My website is slowly progressing and should be up and running by end of DEC 09.

Just thought to introduce myself to you guys and get any advice I can and learn from your experience.

I am in contact with suppliers from China since everything is made there these days, but I really want to support small businesses with in Australia and If any of you guys have a product, you can supply, please drop me a line at [email protected].

So you experienced business owners, any tips or advice on how to source suppliers and products? Also we will appreciate if you have any other suggestions…

Please do provide me your email addresses and I will keep you posted on my business progress and will invite you guys to the website once it is up and running as we are going to ‘Double The Deal’ on opening day.

Thanks for visiting my forum,
    Abhi Sood

Double The Deal

[/SIZE][/FONT]

Jill
    • Total posts: 102
    Up

Hi Abhi,
    I’m dissappointed you said hello 16 hours ago, and no-one has bothered to say hello?
    I welcome you, and hope your new venture goes fantastically, and good luck. Im not in retail so I cant make any recommendations for sourcing products etc, but I wish you all the best :)

Jill

Double The Deal
    Up
    Jill, post: 20854 wrote:
    Hi Abhi,
    I’m dissappointed you said hello 16 hours ago, and no-one has bothered to say hello?
    I welcome you, and hope your new venture goes fantastically, and good luck. Im not in retail so I cant make any recommendations for sourcing products etc, but I wish you all the best :)

Jill

Hi Jill,
    Thanks for your reply. Yeah , haven’t had a good response from this post for some reason. may be people are just too busy, I guess

mike@engagemarketing
    • Total posts: 300
    Up

Hi Abhi,
    welcome to the forum and congratulations on taking the big jump!

In a competitive marketplace like yours you have to offer something unique, something that your competitors will struggle to replicate. Once you have that value for your suppliers and customers, do whatever you can to motivate suppliers that you talk to. If they’re convinced of your potential they will help to market you through their own sales channels.

Good luck :)

Double The Deal
    Up

Hi Guys,
    Thanks you so much for you support. I am really looking forward to starting it very soon and will keep you guys updated on the progress.
    I am got years of experience with me plus self determination to make it a success.

Just one question, Do you guys believe it will be successful business or I am in wrong line?

Thanks
    Abhi

Accounts Studio
    • Total posts: 516
    Up

I think you have good potential but as you mentioned you are up against the big guys – not that that should be a reason to assume it won’t work – but I guess like any business it all comes down to how well you can market your business – is there something you can do to make it a bit different, a bit more niche, or have some quirky addition to it that the other guys don’t have?

Double The Deal
    Up

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your feedback, I am looking at some unique product which have not been introduced to Australian market, specially when everyone is doing there bit for global warming, I have laid my hands on some products which are environmentally friendly and most of the household use these everyday. That will give me a competitive edge and also I will be dominantly market in WA where no other online store is based.
    Anyone else got any product suggestions or any advice please do let me know.
    Thanks guys !!
    Abhi

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

If you want it to be a success, then Customer Service, Customer Service, Customer Service. (Repeat many times)

As for playing with the big boys, you can be the flea on the elephants back.

Good luck mate!

Double The Deal
    Up

Thanks Matthew,

Mate, Customer service is my first priority and will always remain like this, doesn’t matter how big the business grows.

I follow this principle, One happy customer will bring a another customer but one upset customer will take 10 away.

Another aim of my business is to raise money for the local Charity, something these big guys always ignore.

Thanks for your support mate
    Abhi

Barb
    • Total posts: 144
    Up

Hi Abhi,

Welcome to the forum – and good on you for taking the plunge!! It’s always daunting starting a new business. I don’t have any experience with retail or sourcing products, but I think customer service is a BIG thing. Also, to make your website user friendly and easy to navigate.

I wish you all the best, and look forward to seeing your website soon :)

Regards,

Double The Deal
    Up

Thanks ‘Admin Angels’

I could see us needing you guys for help in the near future. by the way, very good business concept you guys have.
    Thanks
    Abhi

BB
    • Total posts: 215
    Up

Hey Abhi –

Welcome!!

Great idea… and I’ve got one too – we need to talk – I’ve sent you an email

cheers!

B.B.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.