Home – New Forums Starting your journey Online Retailer Conference and Expo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    ::

The Online Retailer Conference and Expo starts Monday 16th July in Sydney at the Sydney Conference and expo centre in Darling Harbour. It runs for 4 days; and Tuesday 17th and Wednesday 18th are the main conference and expo.

eCorner is a silver sponsor and also exhibiting. The feedback from our customers that have attended over the last few years has been really positive. It is the premier event for Online Retail in Australia and actually one of the largest events worldwide.

If you are going to be there drop in and say hello at stand 1310. We can build an online store for you while you watch.

There are even more exhibitors this year and the conference has some really great sessions and speakers from overseas and from Australia. You can find out more information at http://www.onlineretailer.com. As a networking event to meet other companies selling online it is worth the effort. There are still some special ticket offers available if you look around or let me know and I can send you a special offer code.

Robert Gerrish
    • Total posts: 1,274
    Up

Thanks for sharing John, I hope it goes well for you.

Robert

Shaukat Adam Khalid
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,528
    Up

and this is a great example of offline to online marketing ie using offline channel like a tradeshow to marketing online services. smart marketing.

i have seen google adwords marketing the power of direct mail

it’s all about going to where your customer are.

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

Thanks for posting John I hadn’t realized it had come around so soon even though I have tickets!

I went last year and found it a bit ‘big business’. It was valuable none the less as it is good to see what is leading edge even if you are not ready for it yourself.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi John,

I’ll be going along, and will pop by and say g’day – it would be nice to meet you in person :)

And I’ll keep my eye out for you too Steve (and you’re not the only one who forgot it was on, even though they registered weeks ago!)

See you soon,
    Jayne

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

Thank you for bringing this up! I have registered and will be going along. Looking forward to it.

JohnTranter
    • Total posts: 842
    Up

I popped into the expo today and can thoroughly recommend it.
    If you haven’t heard about it and you’re in Sydney tomorrow, I would register online tonight and pop in for an hour or two tomorrow.

I was also pleasantly surprised to see how many Magento logos were splashed around the place! :D

Anonymous
    Up

I think this will be a successful event. Let us know how it will turn out. Have fun guys aside from you learning a lot!

Paul B.
    • Total posts: 119
    Up

I made the trip down from Newcastle yesterday and loved it. I particularly enjoyed the seminars. Great value considering it didnt cost a cent!

I have some leads now to help me get my business off the ground. A great day all round.

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I was going to go in today but the expo is actually over :(

Steve

Anonymous
    Up
    Divert To Mobile, post: 124340 wrote:
    I was going to go in today but the expo is actually over :(

Steve

That’s a shame Steve, as it was really good. Definitely worth getting on the mailing list for next time.

John D, it was nice to meet you in passing, and apologies that I managed to time my visit for moments when you were deep in conversation with prospects.

Cheers,
    Jayne

Steve_Minshall
    • Total posts: 518
    Up

I went for the full 2 day conference which was a good event.

There was a good balance this year between ‘look what we did with just a few million dollars and a load of developers” and “look what we did with no outside investment and one developer in a country town”.

Amy Africa was a dynamo with intriguing insights into buyer behaviour. found by spending a fortune on studying real on line buyer behaviour from a psychological perspective.

There was a lot of talk about just how targeted marketing can be. How detailed analysis of individuals behaviour could be done to tailor offering and continue to pursue customers after the sale/browse/cart abandonment. There were a few times I wanted to stand up and shout “that’s not marketing that’s stalking! Some people were very excited about what the technology could deliver but not enough, if any, thought to the back lash from people who will find this intrusive.

Finally thanks to our John D who gave me some of his valuable time to look at eCommerce solutions with him.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.