Home – New Forums Selling online Online Shop – Help !!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Blknite
    • Total posts: 43
    Up
    ::

Hi guys ,

A newbee here ;

Wifey has been doing an online retail sales business on FB forums for few months now , She has decided that its the right time to expand it and has our own website.

I have so far managed to buy a domain name , get basic hosting package from an aussie hosting service and have tried few wordpress templates.

WP (& Opencart) templates looks like a very good solution but i am having troubling customizing and setting it up , Was wondering if there are other solutions not too expensive that I can try ?

I am after a basic website , that has a shopping cart in it with paypal integration or/& CC integration ? Would really appreciate so helpsuggestions.

Thanks !!

John Debrincat
    • Total posts: 963
    Up
    namz, post: 190188 wrote:
    Hi guys ,

A newbee here ;

Wifey has been doing an online retail sales business on FB forums for few months now , She has decided that its the right time to expand it and has our own website.

I have so far managed to buy a domain name , get basic hosting package from an aussie hosting service and have tried few wordpress templates.

WP (& Opencart) templates looks like a very good solution but i am having troubling customizing and setting it up , Was wondering if there are other solutions not too expensive that I can try ?

I am after a basic website , that has a shopping cart in it with paypal integration or/& CC integration ? Would really appreciate so helpsuggestions.

Thanks !!

It does depend a little on what you want to sell, how many products, any specific requirements that you might have.

WP & Woocommerce is a good solution but you will save yourself a lot of pain by getting someone with experience to help you set it up.

Otherwise a hosted solution can be a DIY project and you can find a few. Australia Post My Online Shop has a low cost starting plan and includes both payment and shipping integration.

There are many other solutions that you can find but understanding a little more about your wife’s business can help get a clearer answer.

John

B4K
    • Total posts: 30
    Up

Hi Namz,

Have a look at shopify.com, it might be a good solution. The site is very easy to set up and the shopify customer support is great.

Good luck with everything
    Elena

Blknite
    • Total posts: 43
    Up

Thanks all for your suggestions . I am going ahead with WP theme and getting a experienced web developer to set it up and customise for me.

The Sizzle Store
    • Total posts: 6
    Up

I have started an online business recently and this is what I learnt which I want to share:
    Get a Domain name (you have already done that)
    Get your company registered. Cost about $70 from ASICS
    I chose Volusion host company. VistaPrint is another good option for online store. the fees is $15 per month in which you will get Facebook Store. For $75, you will get Amazon and eBay store integration, although you will have to pay for every item on ebay and amazon individually. But the benefit is, you don’t have to spend lot of time on ebay as a separate seller, instead you will pick posting for ebay from your store with click of a mouse.
    For credit card, you will have to buy an SSL which cost you $89 per year.

Hope this helps a little

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    The Sizzle Store, post: 191201 wrote:
    Get your company registered. Cost about $70 from ASICS

Howdy Sizzle and welcome,

May i suggest you jump across to the intro section and say GDay, we love getting to know people around here.. That is, the people behind the business.

Just a clarification.. i think Sizzle is talking about registering a business name, not company as a company set up will cost you a little more.. approx $700-$1500 depending on how or who you use to set it up.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    actonlineaustralia.com
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Try fiver.com

they do various just for $5 and have lots of options. They also have external links that link you to companies who do slightly larger jobs and actually bid for your job.

I got all my SEO work done with a tonne of back links for $450.

They are in the middle of the job right now but send me daily emails regarding progress and what going to happen next.

Hope this helps a little

Matt

http://www.actonlineaustralia.com

help4bis.com
    • Total posts: 268
    Up

Oops just noticed how old the post was… sorry.

Hope all is sorted.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hey Matt, im looking at getting some SEO work done myself. Would you mind referring the guys details you recommend?

Did you get them through fivver or elance?

Thanks

actonlineaustralia.com, post: 194781 wrote:
    Try fiver.com

they do various just for $5 and have lots of options. They also have external links that link you to companies who do slightly larger jobs and actually bid for your job.

I got all my SEO work done with a tonne of back links for $450.

They are in the middle of the job right now but send me daily emails regarding progress and what going to happen next.

Hope this helps a little

Matt

http://www.actonlineaustralia.com

actonlineaustralia.com
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    adamc, post: 195189 wrote:
    Hey Matt, im looking at getting some SEO work done myself. Would you mind referring the guys details you recommend?

Did you get them through fivver or elance?

Thanks

Mate I got the work done from https://www.freelancer.com

Hope that helps you out

Matt

Bubbles23
    • Total posts: 21
    Up

Im using opencart but I wanted it to look less like a template so I hired a developer to tweak the back end to make the template look more like my brand. It was a very affordable solution.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.