Home – New Forums Find the help you need Online shopping business mentor required

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    krug
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

I am looking for a mentor who started and successfully running an online shopping website. The kind of mentoring I’m looking for is: I ask questions, you answer them. Training experience is not essential. Canberra location is the most preferable, but Sydney is OK too. Other options (locations) may be considered.

I don’t like answers of the kind “there are many options, check on the Internet and select one”. I expect answers like “this is the best option, and this is way…” or “these are the best three options, select one”.

I don’t expect you to know absolutely everything, for example I will get a website professionally created, but you need to know what’s important for a website (requirements) and why. One of important skills I’m looking for is approaching suppliers/distributors (emails) and evaluating their response (contract).

I might need only a few hours, but it depends. I will definitely want to check your website first.

If I’m not quite clear please ask. If you are interested, please make an offer.

MissSassy
    • Total posts: 1,255
    Up

Mentoring in this space is something that forms a part of my work as a business adviser.

Happy to be of assistance – you are welcome to visit my website which you will see is also an online store. I have many clients who have online stores and I would love to hear from you.

Tony Manto
    Participant
    • Total posts: 581
    Up

Its good to see you know exactly what you want, but I find your approach very demanding. My experience in this arena is more open, supportive and fluid in its approach. This may limit the mentors that want to work with you.

krug
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    Tony Manto, post: 209731 wrote:
    Its good to see you know exactly what you want, but I find your approach very demanding. My experience in this arena is more open, supportive and fluid in its approach. This may limit the mentors that want to work with you.

My intention was to “scare off” business advisors like you and Kelly. No offence, I respect your knowledge and experience, but I’m not looking for a business advisor.

But, you are quite right. I “scared off” everyone. And, posting in this forum probably wasn’t the best choice. I think I need to re-write the post in a softer way and post it in “Selling online” forum. It might attract more business advisors, unfortunately.

In reality, my expectations aren’t any special. Someone who is running an online store has gone through the process of starting and knows what he/she did. And as I said, I don’t expect the person to have an answer to every question (no one knows everything). When that happens, we just move on.

steve201
    Participant
    • Total posts: 280
    Up

Hi

We have several clients both large and small , whom are utilising the online world for shopping.

Our experiences are very spec liaised in that we have the facilities and relationships to design online shops, do online accounting, emarketing, social media and mobile apps..

I’m currently assisting a retailer in newcastle , nsw, to build and report on the profitability of his online shop.

In another example, in melbourne 2010-12, a games retailer expanded rapidly through using our online platforms. He now has several stores both on and offline.

Let me know if we can help you.

Steve

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up

Hi Krug {sorry is this your name as there are no names in your posts that i have seen},

Sorry although i am truly confused, are you wanting a business advisor who can assist you in facilitating your business credentials and back structural component of your business or a business owner that has travelled your path and can hold your hand in your journey?

Please, and no offence intended at all, although i am not sure the place you have posted your topic nor the structure of it has scared of your target audience although it may be the way in which you are asking and rebutting a few of the comments that are made… Although your intentions are probably awesome, in my eyes, they may be a little stand offish as some have pointed out.. Maybe an intro about yourself, your name and so forth is in order and may illicit a warmer reply as we may feel we know the ‘you’ behind the story and the questions..

When seeking a ‘mentor’ being an in industry advisor that i feel is what you are asking for, this recruitment process can take some time… and personally, it is best that you identify someone of interest and maybe approach them.. I have had many ‘mentors’ in the past and business ‘coaches’ and i tend to have found them through admiration and seeing their expertise first.. Such as the great business coaches that have already replied to this post, have exhibited knowledge and a willingness to assist others in an open forum as such.

Anyways, the more info you have and the greater detail as to the role you want filled would be invaluable to anyone that is looking to potentially assist you.

Cheers
    Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.