Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Online Shopping Network TV Show

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up
    ::

Hello. We are currently trying out some advertising via a home shopping TV network in the States for our hammocks there.

The show is part of a quarterly showcase series, with the currently one being for Spring. This is the 11th year this studio has done the show and they produced it all for us. It’s produced as a 30min show and is shown nationwide and in New York around 30 times in total throughout April and May.

I hope this doesn’t look like I’m blatantly trying to push my video, but I thought as a marketing and sales option it may interest some people, and shows that you don’t need to be a big business to get on TV. There are other options available out there for smaller budgets.

If anyone is interested in viewing the final product you can see our portion of the show on YouTube here. We had the chance to appear on the show, but unfortunately it was a bit short notice to fly to Florida for the filming.

Has anyone tried a similar thing for products in Australia or overseas? We are hoping for some good results from this, but also I believe having such a quality produced segment that we have usage rights to will provide great long term benefits.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Nice work Mike! Hope it does really well for you.

I’d be interested to know how much you’ve paid for that segment (if you don’t mind sharing?) and down the track would love to hear about the return you make on the investment.

All the best
    Jayne

mexham
    • Total posts: 302
    Up

Hi Jayne, thanks a lot.

No worries, well the initial rate was $1000 USD per minute. Luckily we paid a lot less, thanks to our own indecision and the producers desire to quickly close out bookings for the show. May seem expensive but for full production, filming and exposure, I think it is good value.

I’ll let you know how it goes, first TV viewings start in a couple of days.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.