Home – New Forums Other discussions Open Letter to the Tax Commisioner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    bb1
    Participant
    • Total posts: 4,485
    Up
    ::

Dear sir,

I personally don’t have an issue paying my BAS each quarter, in fact the more I pay the more I earn, so I am happy. I always pay on time, in fact I pay progressively, so by the end of the quarter you already have most of the money owed. So I hope you can guess my intentions are positive.

In return I request (no I beg), that you stop changing the ATO portal between every visit, I know that I only visit quarterly, and I know your IT and business development people like to fiddle to improve (???) the experience for us. But really does the usable browser have to keep changing, did you know that a large number of the population use IE, or that the options change each time. there is now a sole trader option, but although I am a sole trader I cant use that option, I am a business. I wont continue to list the frustrations we seem to have each quarter, just trying to get into the portal, so that we can happily pay our contribution. Than I wont go into how user unfriendly the portal is once we actually manage to get in.

Signed your faithful tax payer.

PS. Although only in a very small way I help pay your wage, could you please make my life a little easier, so I can spend my time earning more money to contribute to your next bonus payment.

PS. Admins, I know you will delete this, but hey I had fun typing it up, normally I report my own posts if they may be dodgy, but will leave this one till you find it, I may get the odd like or 2.

Greg_M
    • Total posts: 1,691
    Up

There’s one like.

Fortunately I’m no longer registered for GST, and I really don’t miss it, so I’m not familiar with the current frustrations of administering it…but as a general principal if you’re going to act as an unpaid tax collector, and be penalised for not doing it the way the ATO wants it done, then I think it’s a process that should be as intuitive and simple as possible…especially for small/solo businesses already battling admin requirements.

LucasArthur
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,171
    Up
    bb1, post: 239851, member: 53375 wrote:
    Dear sir,

I personally don’t have an issue paying my BAS each quarter, in fact the more I pay the more I earn, so I am happy. I always pay on time, in fact I pay progressively, so by the end of the quarter you already have most of the money owed. So I hope you can guess my intentions are positive.

In return I request (no I beg), that you stop changing the ATO portal between every visit, I know that I only visit quarterly, and I know your IT and business development people like to fiddle to improve (???) the experience for us. But really does the usable browser have to keep changing, did you know that a large number of the population use IE, or that the options change each time. there is now a sole trader option, but although I am a sole trader I cant use that option, I am a business. I wont continue to list the frustrations we seem to have each quarter, just trying to get into the portal, so that we can happily pay our contribution. Than I wont go into how user unfriendly the portal is once we actually manage to get in.

Signed your faithful tax payer.

PS. Although only in a very small way I help pay your wage, could you please make my life a little easier, so I can spend my time earning more money to contribute to your next bonus payment.

PS. Admins, I know you will delete this, but hey I had fun typing it up, normally I report my own posts if they may be dodgy, but will leave this one till you find it, I may get the odd like or 2.

Why dont you just log in with MyGiv instead, cos that appears to be the default whenever i try and log in lately ;)

J

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: [email protected]   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
    Taxopia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 301
    Up

The ATO portal Auskey system is a mess. No doubt about it. The setup process changes all the time and their systems are often down. Pretty poor given their resources and the importance of the function. Shouldn’t have been surprised the Sensis was such a disaster.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Government related = bureaucracy = creating complexity = more jobs required = more importance = bigger salary and power = job well done!

Good luck Bert.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.