Home – New Forums Starting your journey Opinions needed on Website Type

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    MEME
    • Total posts: 9
    Up
    ::

Hello All,

Just wanted to quickly ask your opinions.
    I have started a business dealing in Baby Products.
    I want to establish this as a brand but while I do that I want to sell it online (eg. until I can get stockists etc).

For the website – do you think it should be an information website with a button to take them to the store where they can purchase the products?

OR

Should the website be a Store with information based pages available if customers are interested (eg. About Us, Our Products, etc).

Please give me your opinions and reasons.
    Thank You in advance :)

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

Hi,

I am not sure what you mean. They both sound like the same thing.

Your website should give info on you and your business AND sell the products.

Cheers,

Matt

Divert To Mobile
    • Total posts: 2,751
    Up

I think it should be informative.
    It widens your net to attract people interested in baby information and they could purchase a product whilst they’re there.

Steve

tonyk
    • Total posts: 1,430
    Up

As they say, content is king. The more QUALITY content you have on the site the better.

BrettM33
    Participant
    • Total posts: 1,372
    Up

I’m a little confused between the two as well. Could you elaborate a bit more?

RymSop
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hi MotherHen, I believe you can do it both in 1 website. Information can be provided through a blog and still be able to see the products you are selling.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

It is possible to bring that two up together. Having the site informative and at the same time selling products. Just depends on how you’ll make you site more organized.

Ondetto
    • Total posts: 110
    Up

I think you should lead with the store (i.e. have products for sale featured on your home page) and have the “about” information clearly available in the navigation.

If you are planning to generate revenue online, you will need to make it obvious that people can buy from you. I don’t see any reason to hide the store away. The only situation that might make sense in is if you are mainly selling through the retail channel and your retailers aren’t happy with you pushing your online store.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.