Home – New Forums Tell me straight… Opinions on my site appreciated!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Utterly Aquariums
    • Total posts: 13
    Up
    ::

Hi, I have just launched my site, utterlyaquariums.com.au

I’d really appreciate any input/advice/criticism people have on it!

Many thanks
    Paul

CarolP
    • Total posts: 77
    Up

Hi Paul,

Good start. I recommend changing your permalink settings so that each page is optimized to be found by search engines. Also – in your descripton, it would be great if the words on your page match your meta description. Add more content to your site – in Google’s eyes content is king!

An idea is to have a optin form on your website’s home page and start building a client list. Start building a relationship with your clients – offer tips and advice. You can leverage the content on your site with the emails you send out to your customers – think smarter don’t work harder.

Cheers
    Carol

defyet
    • Total posts: 23
    Up

Carol made a very good point about your permalinks/page names, they will do you no favour for SEO, id also suggest using alt tags on all your images.

Also try and add more written content, you have plenty of pages but minimal writing, it may suit visitors because alot of people dont like to read paragraph after paragraph but google loves keyword rich content, and also fresh content added on a regular basis for this id suggest having a blog section and maybe adding tutorials with how to clean your fish tank etc.. and also show casing new products or specials, you will find not many people will read through the blog but its a great way to continually add content to get your rankings up there, other then that start link building!

And one last thing, maybe try and add more colour to the website, similiar shades of colours go well but they make the site look a little boring. :)

marketingweb
    • Total posts: 625
    Up

I also quite like it, definately a good basis to start from and minimal design work required to turn it into an effective website for your business.

One small thing, I would increase your logo size by around 30-50% as it seems to get a little lost in all that space around it.

Also agree on the permalinks settings in wordpress need to get adjusted – if you are stuck one of the WordPress guru’s on here or a quick search on Google should point you in the right direction.

More text per page will definately help. Writing text for SEO is a skill that involves making sure your text reads nicely for humans AND for search engines without ignoring the other. If this is something you are interested in learning it’s well worth doing your own research and developing you skills in this area, if not it’s well worth getting some professional assistance with this -I can do this sort of thing, or someone like “wordmistress” on here is also good.

Best of luck.

Matt

Samot
    • Total posts: 157
    Up

This website really does it for me, the layout is just so easy on the eyes. It’s also to the point and I would easily consider buying from there.

I notice some pages don’t have a graphic on it and are significantly less pleasant to look at then other pages so I’d suggest putting a picture on each one.

I’d suggest you spread out some suburbs and cities that you might service through your pages to pick up on people typing in “”sydney aquarium hire” etc

Also make sure you sign up to google local business center to get listed on google maps.
    http://www.google.com/lbc

Keep it up, good luck

Utterly Aquariums
    Up

thanks for all your advice on this, i have actioned a few of the points, such as the permalinks.

I’m definitely planning on beefing out the content and adding more images where I can.

It’s great to hear that at least no one thinks it is terrible!! :)

Thanks again.
    Paul

Carolleigh
    • Total posts: 32
    Up

Hey!

Looks pretty good! I’d put a fish picture or something with your company name though…brighten it up a bit.

Typos:
    http://utterlyaquariums.com.au/about-2/
    ‘company s fully ensure and you can be assured ‘

Utterly Aquariums
    Up

Hi Carolleigh
    thanks for pointing that out! It’s corrected now :)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.