Home – New Forums Logistics Ordering Sample from Alibaba – what Incoterm to select?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    SunshineAng
    • Total posts: 29
    Up
    ::

Need a basic question answered please,

I’ve read the Incoterms listed and I still don’t know what to choose for a simple very small sample to come from India. On Alibaba, I simply fill in their form to select a sample but when it asks for shipping, I’ve selected express (air) and i don’t know what to choose:
    FOB, CNF/CFR, CIF, CPT, EXW, DDP, DDU, FCC?

Could anyone please help as will be sampling quite a bit.
    Thank-you!

tslaustralia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

if will depend on how much your supplier is quoting you on each terms. FOB is generally the way to go, you will need to find a freight forward here to assist you. that way you are in control and there should’nt be any surprises on landing charges.

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

FOB for a sample?????

For a sample you just want it ex/w (ex factory).They make the sample and send a small package out.by some courier usually.

FOB denotes Free On Board which generally includes various costs that are not included if sending by courier. There should be no need for using a forwarder with sending a small amount of sample/s.

tslaustralia
    Participant
    • Total posts: 39
    Up

you mention ‘sampling quite a bit’

if your are doing express couriers, you dont need to choose any terms, as its door to door.

SunshineAng
    • Total posts: 29
    Up

Excellent, thanks! yes it is a sample. Various small charms from different manufacturers. When you go through the Alibaba website order – it has a drop down selection box re shipping that has to be checked as to one of those codes. No problem if I pay by paypal, – they just post it. But the Alibaba order section guarantees goods don’t get lost, or something like that etc..it’s geared up for big bulk order quantities I guess.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.