Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Organising an event in Adelaide

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Adam Randall
    • Total posts: 382
    Up
    ::

Hi all

I have been doing a young business leader course for the best part of a year now and part of the course involves getting out of our comfort zone and organising events etc.

This event (which is yet to be approved) will be a comedy night and is slated for April 16th (Friday night)

I am looking for anyone that would like to donate a door prize or silent auction item to the event.

100% of the proceeds after costs goes to the Royal Society for the Blind.

We are expecting 100 or so – mainly business people to the event.

I will put more info here as it comes to light.

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

Sounds like fun – good work Adam! :)

Thrive Promotional
    • Total posts: 146
    Up

Hi Adam

I am sure this is already part of your plan … just in case .. when approaching various companies for sponsorship (the harsh reality is that companies get lots and lots of requests and there generally needs to be a valid reason for spending company $$ these days):

1. Think about the companies you approach – is there benefit for them to donate … will their service/product appeal to the audience? i.e. what’s in it for them?

2. Prepare a one page proposal /sponsorship request document that outlines what the event is for/about, when, the audience, the charity logo if possible
    + what the sponsor will receive in return e.g. signage, inclusion of logo on invitation, opportunity to put brochure in a take home bag etc.

3. Follow up after the event to thank the sponsors (often forgotten)

Cheers
    Morgan

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.