Home Forums Logistics Organising own shipping

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mrpeanutbutter
    • Total posts: 1

Hello everyone,

Upon my research for importing FCL or LCL goods from Indonesia, I have only found companies offering to do all the organising for me but at a premium. My question is, has anyone managed to do it all themselves to save on costs?

If not, who have you find with reasonable prices to do the organising for you?

Thanks.

Dash Freight
    Participant
    • Total posts: 91

That’s a great question. Can I ask what aspect you would like to organise yourself? Origin services? Sea freight? destination services? Customs clearance? What is the premium you are talking about? Are you aware of the processes and requirements? For my clients I seek the best possible solutions, I often save them money through shipping volumes, incoterms, FTAs, HTS codes.

Rob Dash E: rob@dashfreight.com.au M: 61 423 136 053 Quotes: https://tinyurl.com/yae7tbj6 S: live:rd2221
    Jason Ramage
    Participant
    • Total posts: 3,160
    robdash, post: 271668, member: 117305 wrote:
    That’s a great question. Can I ask what aspect you would like to organise yourself? Origin services? Sea freight? destination services? Customs clearance? What is the premium you are talking about? Are you aware of the processes and requirements? For my clients I seek the best possible solutions, I often save them money through shipping volumes, incoterms, FTAs, HTS codes.

Rob,

You appear to be speaking another language, i think this is why i leave my importing requirements to the experts like yourself (as i do) to ensure i have no hiccups along the way and to ensure a safe arrival of my goods..

Even using someone like yourself that explains it in simple terms i need, i still struggle with the lengthy process of the paperwork and ensuring everything is done correctly.. God forbid there is aqis issues that are overlooked that cost me time and money to resolve this side of the border..

For the OP, IMO, i would leave this to the experts – unless organising a door to door air service and then you can go direct to a courier – although ultimately they acts as the forwarder in this situation too..

Will follow this, as interested to see who has successfully done this themselves incase i have overlooked something.

Jason

Jason Ramage | Lucas Arthur Pty Ltd | E: hello@lucasarthur.net.au   P: 61 3 8324 0344    M: 61 412 244 888
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.