Home – New Forums Logistics Original Bill Of Lading not recieved

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    BrisVegasGhost
    • Total posts: 49
    Up
    ::

I ordered some samples from china, gym barbells and a few weight plates.
    I have not received OBL and have contacted supplier a number of times.
    The cargo company notified me today that if items are not picked up by tomorrow I will have to start paying storage fees. The volume is only 0.063M3 and weighs 75kg. storage fees are $22 a day. The goods are only valued at $500 which I didn’t have to pay.

I haven’t paid the shipping company yet as they only invoiced me 4 days ago and let me no today about the storage today.
    What do you do when you haven’t received OBL? And I presume I need this for custom clearance?
    Cheers

Johny
    • Total posts: 840
    Up

Where is the BL now?

Normally the original BL would be handed over by the forwarding company at origin, to the supplier, once their fees have been paid, and the supplier to you once their products have been paid for.

You mentioned that you didn’t need to pay for the goods. Not sure the reason for that, but certainly I would be extremely doubtful a factory would provide $500 worth of stuff for no cost.

The BL is a very important document. Yes, it is required for customs clearance, but going further, whoever holds the original BL essentially has ownership of those goods.

The only other way I know of to complete the process without the actual documents in hand is to complete a telex release, but that would also require the acceptance of both the supplier and the forwarder, no doubt after having been paid for their services/products.

BrisVegasGhost
    Up

Thanks Johny,

Sorry misunderstanding…I meant the goods would be valued just at $500 which I didn’t pay.
    I paid $180 for the goods.
    I have paid the supplier 3-4 weeks ago but have only received information from the forwarding company on Thursday ( A pre-Alert)
    Then I receive an email this morning saying:
    “once we receive payment for our invoice and have received the original BOL in our office I will send you the paper work to collect the freight. Please ensure the cargo is cleared thru customs before you arrange collection.”

I thought I should wait until I received the OBL before I paid the freight company? Am I correct in thinking this?

Cheers

BrisVegasGhost
    Up

I have found out that my supplier had already telex my provider the B/L.

They had not mentioned this to me at all so I don’t know if its a slip up on there behalf or myself?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.