Home – New Forums Marketing mastery other than online marketing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    newstart
    • Total posts: 16
    Up
    ::

Hi
    There are lots of posts and zillions of websites/products/services all to do with online marketing. What about non-online marketing. I know there are loads of strategies I can use that don’t involve being online, but I don’t know what would work for me. I would like to find someone to help me with marketing strategies and am starting to consider a couple of businesses, but I am not sure what to look for. Anyone help?
    Thanks
    Newstart

Warren Cottis
    Participant
    • Total posts: 807
    Up
    newstart, post: 11066 wrote:
    Hi
    There are lots of posts and zillions of websites/products/services all to do with online marketing. What about non-online marketing. I know there are loads of strategies I can use that don’t involve being online, but I don’t know what would work for me. I would like to find someone to help me with marketing strategies and am starting to consider a couple of businesses, but I am not sure what to look for. Anyone help?
    Thanks
    Newstart

Hi Newstart

Firstly, you should absolutely not go online unless you have a marketing strategy. So many people do… and waste precious dollars having a website built to nowhere.

Second… offline fortunes were made for a zillion years before the internet and can still be made… though marrying offline and online is the best of both worlds.

… and finally… what you are asking is like “the chicken or the egg”

I suggest that you identify the business concept, research & research & research its viability and then plan your marketing strategy & then test it & test it & test it.

TSH-SR
    • Total posts: 45
    Up

Hi Newstart,

Couple of quick points to consider.

You probable need to have identified your business sector and product properly before you spend too much time looking into the marketing.

Consider a mind shift from “” but I don’t know what would work for me.”” to what marketing would work for your customer, what will send them to YOU.

Depending on the specifics of product and customer type a mix of online and off line is likely to be more beneficial in this day and age.

As far as someone to help, really depends on your budget, maybe talk to some other small business owners you know, there is lots of good information available from the various government business offices, they even have people that you can meet with to work through some of the issues you raise.

Best of luck
    Regards Tony

Hugh Thyer
    • Total posts: 159
    Up

The marketing concepts are generally the same. The internet is a form of media, NOT a business on its own.

There is so much more scope for different things with offline marketing. From newspaper and magazine ads, lumpy mail, follow up letters. Its so much more powerful than an email that can be ignored with the click of a button.

There’s actually heaps of info on it if you go looking.

Hugh

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.