Home – New Forums Marketing mastery Our own video channel launched!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    DanR
    • Total posts: 79
    Up
    ::

Hey everyone…. we finally got around to launching our own video channel…. I wont say too much about it because I dont want my business name being indexed in here for my customers to search and find.

So check it out and let me know what you think!

Click the short URL below to get taken to our site for info:
    http://alturl.com/6qd8

Look forward to any feedback/ideas.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT MENTION MY BUSINESS NAME ON HERE!

DanR
    Up

Interesting that no one has anything to say about video marketing…. :/

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up
    DanR, post: 19310 wrote:
    Hey everyone…. we finally got around to launching our own video channel…. I wont say too much about it because I dont want my business name being indexed in here for my customers to search and find.

So check it out and let me know what you think!

Click the short URL below to get taken to our site for info:
    http://alturl.com/6qd8

Look forward to any feedback/ideas.

NOTE: PLEASE DO NOT MENTION MY BUSINESS NAME ON HERE!

Hey Dan,

The concept of having video on your site is a great idea. Great way to interact with your customers by offering product reviews and keeping them up to date with the latest Auto Parts and Product Specials you might have.

My only suggestion is that you turn down the background music a “Touch” as the Bass makes it difficult to hear your video presentation.

BTW, Impressive Site!!!

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

I have to be a bit brutal Dan and say there is too much talk, too much repeating and not enough interest in your first video.

You want people to stay to the end of the video? Then keep it interesting. What you said could have been said in a minute or less with good scripting and rehearsal and even then I would have used cutaways to say the enquiry desks flat out taking enquiries on a busy day type of thing. If you refer to something you can use that as a cue to cut in a shot of that.

Oh, and another thing, the room you were in has an echo, not much but if you get good close miking it can sound heaps better on lousy computer speakers.

DanR
    Up

Hey guys thanks for the feedback. I actually have a good mic Rode but I don’t have a mic stand yet so once I get it that will improve. In saying that it’s all a learning experience so it will get better. They will be in HD as well… I am recording in HD but the software I have cant export to HD…. so silly. Anyway thats being sorted.

With regards to the first one.. in fact all of them. I dont really want our video channel to feel set up, rehearsed and scripted. It makes it to insincere I think and I don’t want that. I want the vids to be fun, social and connecting. Im sure you get the point.

It is just the beginning but yes I do realise there are many improvements to be made and thats a good thing.

We have already done a fair few videos … product reviews etc. I have interviews lined up as well …. its actually working very well and already we are seeing results!

Its another way we can “touch” our customers… the more touch points the better and being an online business this video touch-point is extremely valuable!

Thanks for the feedback appreciated.

Cesar
    • Total posts: 591
    Up

Dan,

You have to start somewhere! Considering the type of customer base you have I think it’s a good idea you keep the videos natural as opposed to being rehearsed. You don’t want them sounding like a “Sales Pitch” which can be a “Turn Off” for your visitors.

I do agree with PEPPIE though, and that is you don’t want it to sound repetitive.

What they would be looking for is good advice and information regarding the product range you have. The interviews is a “Great Idea” which will build a stronger rapport with your customer base and gives them something to look forward too.

Once you have fine tuned the video concept, I am confident you will do Fantastic.

DanR
    Up

Hey! Cheers!

Yes I am also confident… to be honest it’s off to a really good start we have had so much good feedback.

Look I know I am not perfect in the vids but that’s kind of how I want it… I want the viewers to feel I am talking to them and I am not reading off a tele-prompter….. which is how I have done it – it’s completely off the top of my head. OK I have a few takes of each one where I stuff up but they won’t be going to waste… I am going to do really cool blooper reels! I’ll use them to my advantage… great for building a viral video!

Look I am not an actor so doing this in front of the camera is hard but I know I’ll get better at it and I know the videos will get a lot more professional.

peppie
    • Total posts: 525
    Up

Fair point about keeping your videos natural, but there is a way to do that without it looking rehearsed, it’s termed rehearsed spontaneity.

If you keep it too light and breasy you will, not may, turn off a significant number of cruisers. The ones that are just dropping by to see what the fuss is about. They are the ones that will be turned off by what seems to them to be sloppy production values. And I am not talking about the very top stuff, it’s the repeating, any ums and ahhs, dialogue that lacks theme and/or interest etc.etc..

You are keen to use decent quality HD video, but that alone won’t make a good video. We have a saying in production circles that it’s not the quality of the camera that counts, it’s the guy behind (or in front of) it that makes all the difference.

DanR
    Up

Yep I understand that … and I do plan on improving myself thanks! ;) hahaha

Ive actually just done some tests with the RODE mic to see what works best etc… I need to get the sound right because there is too much echo in some of those vide.

All good Ill get there!

DanR
    Up

Got the mic stand / boom pole today and I finally sorted out my sound issues…. latest couple of vids are a lot better.

Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uKwA4GBE1Y0

TimG
    • Total posts: 16
    Up

Hey Dan,

Just checked out your videos, nice work.

While on your video channel I clicked on your facebook link.

Not sure if you are aware, but I have found this a lot lately;

If you setup a group on facebook and it reaches 5000 members, facebook disables the “send and update to all members” feature.

The best bet is to use a facebook fan page as these have no limitations.

Cheers,

Tim.

DanR
    Up

We have both… the fan page doesn’t offer much more… you can only send updates and no one reads them anyway… I certainly don’t read mine! I like the group page as it allows me to set up events and to have it’s own photos etc etc…

The videos are coming along, the production has improved considerable since our first video.

FionaFell
    • Total posts: 342
    Up

I would trim back the vids to maybe 30 seconds. And stick a bit of branding at the front and end of them. Logo + webURL etc.

Great work with the ad-lib style. I imagine that will work for your audience, while keeping the ‘real people’ behind the business.

DanR
    Up

Fiona cheers… it’s a little hard to keep them to 30 seconds… they are not commercials nor do I want them to be. How can I keep an interview 30 seconds? It’s just not possible.

The whole point is I do not want these to be blatant sales pitches and advertising I want them to be informative, real and connecting with my audience.

My audience is the type that hates being advertised / sold to so the last thing they want to see is blatant commercials.

I do plan on having a cool “intro” and “outro” made – it’s only the beginning.

Thanks for the feedback!

Chris Bates
    • Total posts: 966
    Up

I checked out a couple of them the other week, I found them informative and short enough that I didn’t get bored.

I think you’re on the right track!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.