Home – New Forums New here? Share your story Our product is new to the market Cable Management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    mozie47
    • Total posts: 5
    Up
    ::

Hi there, we have a new product to the market called Hyda Cable Covers. Our product is a cable management product and with our patented rubber lip, it hides, protects and manages all those messy cables around the home and office.
    It is my husbands invention and as he is still a full time cabinet maker, it is my job to get the word out there about our product. We have a few clients who use our product religiously and continuously reorder but ebay and online sales have been moderate, I need to strike on a way to tell the average house hold about our product. Ofcourse with a limited marketing budget I am always on the hunt on how exactly do you let the world know about our product.
    Again I have been moderately successful with direct marketing where I send a set of samples directly to a target, followed by a phone call. But again I need some inspiration as to who and where and what I say, as my background in bookkeeping has not prepared me for this.
    To this end this surfing is how I have eneded up here at Flying Solo. Thanks for having me and listening to my story.

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi mozie47,

Thanks for introducing yourself.

I’m having trouble imagining what your product looks like from your description, so you might like to add a link to your store so that we can all check it out.

The best way to do that is to set up a forum signature (click on Control panel in the grey bar above the forum, then Edit signature).

Looking forward to getting to know you.
    Jayne

Trent
    • Total posts: 68
    Up
    mozie47, post: 158961 wrote:
    Hi there, we have a new product to the market called Hyda Cable Covers. Our product is a cable management product and with our patented rubber lip, it hides, protects and manages all those messy cables around the home and office.
    It is my husbands invention and as he is still a full time cabinet maker, it is my job to get the word out there about our product.

As Jayne said, you really need to use pictures for a product because your “patented rubber lip” doesn’t mean much for descriptive purposes and as I’m all about simplifying both the physical and virtual workspace, I would be keen to see something innovative in the cable management arena ;)

Link to your website and it will help with exposure :D

MatthewKeath
    • Total posts: 3,184
    Up

As others have said, it’s hard to visualise what you mean by your post.

You are solving a users problems. Focus on that.

I would look at ensuring your website is setup with awesome copy and awesome design so that when people are looking, they decide that they can’t live without your product.

I would love to see your website :)

mozie47
    Up

Hi everyone

Thank you so much for your input. I am not very experienced on forums etc and are just beginning. I read the terms and conditions of the flying solo first and did not think I was allowed to advertise our product. This being said I also cant work out how to put up pictures of our product.

We have a great website and at the moment I have a copy writer going over the content to smarten it all up.

Our website is http://www.hyda.com.au and we are also on Facebook and Twitter, and now thanks to my daughter Instagram.

I love that everyone has taken their time to reply to my introduction and I am listening to all of your feed back. Again I am grateful to any and all of your expertise.

Our product tidys up cables and cords around the home and office areas. At the moment we have three online retailers for our product which is going marginly well but I dont seem to be able to break into the conventional retail market. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Again thank you for your input!

mozie47
    Up

Ok got it now, pictures uploaded. Am gaining confidence as we speak!

Anonymous
    • Total posts: 11,464
    Up

Hi Mozie,

Sorry that your previous post was caught up in our moderation queue for a while there.

Now that I can see your website, I have a much better idea of what you’re talking about – it’s a very clean and nifty solution isn’t it? I hope it goes really well for you.

If you’d like to, you can add your web address to your forum signature. Just visit the Control panel (link is in the grey bar above the forum) and choose Edit signature.

Good luck with it all,
    Jayne

Lindz
    • Total posts: 254
    Up

Hello Mozzie.

I think you’re on a winner here but trying to tell the average household about your product sounds like a big job.

Might be easier/cheaper to promote through computer and entertainment retailers who could do the telling and selling for you as an add on to their other products.

Relevant magazines, blogs and newspaper segments might be interested in an article.
    Local paper: “Local inventor..etc…”

All best,

Lindsay

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.