Home – New Forums Get productive Outsourcing Management

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    casben79
    • Total posts: 11
    Up
    ::

Hi Guys,

Its been a while since i have been here, I just haven’t had the time, something that im sure that a lot of us can associate with.

I am too busy trying to keep up with the inbox and workflow to put any effort at all into growth, and even maintaining and updating my own website!

I am looking at outsourcing some of my more basic projects to a qualified and tested overseas worker on a fulltime basis.

I have been trying to find information on the legal and taxation side of employing a full time Filipino VA / Programmer as a web based position. All i can seem to find is the wealth of material pertaining to employing a worker and helping them migrate to australia, a far cry from what I am looking to do.

Can anyone help me out with this?

Cheers
    Ben

Shane Walker
    • Total posts: 129
    Up

Hi Ben, I’m not sure where you are looking but that does not seem like what you are looking for. I have teams of VA’s working for me in the Philippines and have had nothing but a positive experience. In regards to tax ect I am not qualified to say but I can tell you how it works for me. In my situation they are freelance workers who work for me on a full time basis. Therefore I just pay them for their services provided ( which is the same each week) and I am not responsible for any other payments. The money I pay them is also a business expense.

A good place to look is onlinejobs.ph

Hope this helps

Message me if you would like to know more

AgentMail
    • Total posts: 1,741
    Up

If you use a service like Odesk, you are invoiced by Odesk, so it is literally just a service. I would expect the other services to be similar to this.

ScopeDrafting
    Participant
    • Total posts: 50
    Up

Hi Ben,

I have a company called Offshore Staff(http://www.offshorestaff.com.au) for my VA. Australian based company,a tax invoice for the services, and payment into an Australian Bank account.

Makes it all very easy. Also if you need to try out a few different people to make sure you get someone with the skills you need, they are all in one place.

If you do decide to hire direct you will need to be clear what you are expecting and probably make up an agreement between you and the employee for them to handle their own tax etc. Just watch your terminology, what we refer to as a contractor does not have the same meaining there.

It is very hard to get any information about legal obligations as it seems to get any answers you have to go to a local lawyer, not much free advice from the local government etc.

Feel free to contact me with any questions about getting started.

Nathan

PhillipHobbs
    • Total posts: 36
    Up

Is it really so complicated to hire someone from the Philippines?

I use Filipinos, English, South Africans, and Americans in my business
    however my businesses located offshore and it doesn’t matter where I am.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.